Friday, January 4, 2008

Cute Kids

Justin was happiest of all to be home. He has been wandering around giggling. And he gallops everywhere he goes again. It's nice for him to have his sparkle back. He had fun in Utah with all his aunts, uncles, and grandparents to adore him. I am grateful for him to be living his life this way - where everyone he comes in contact with instantly loves him. He has a charmed life. He almost forgot he had a baby sister while he was there. He remembers now, but seems to be dealing with it better now. He has been playing with his gorilla and reading his truck book daily.



The girls love their digital art studio Hans and I got for them. They are so into crafts anyway, why not add another element to the crafting? It's fun and keeps them occupied. They are so great at sharing. They are best friends. I love that. They walk around holding hands. Right now they are playing hungry hungry hippos together and Ashley has started reading books to Katelyn. It makes me smile to see how great they are for each other. I'm hoping Mia and Justin can have the same kind of friendship!


Katelyn is dying to take ballet lessons again. She loves to dress up and sing while I watch from the couch. She dances to the music she is singing, and I am sometimes called upon to add to the music. She has the whole thing choreographed. It is hysterical. I could do this for hours with her. She is tone deaf, which makes it so amusing. Although I'm not much of a singer myself, so while I am trying to sing classical music she will say "Stop it mommy." I guess it's not quite what she was looking for.


Mia is also happy to be home. She likes just going nowhere. She is a great baby and back to her happy self. She puts herself to sleep and smiles a lot. She is growing so big. She coos and says "ga" and tries to talk to us. She loves to be held facing out and made her baby bjorn debut fantastically. She likes to face out and wander around with me. She is so cute!


Hans has been crazy busy, as usual since we got back. He goes in before 7 and is home after 8 or goes back in around 8 for the later evening. I'm not sure how he is doing it. I try to be supportive, but I'm not sure how much longer I can take this kind of schedule either. He was supposed to be home at 3 to spend time with us, but didn't come home until 4 and then left at 4:10 to go back in. Crazy crazy! We're starting to forget we have a daddy and husband. He's trying. We are anxious for this stage to pass us quickly.

3 comments:

emily said...

they are very cute kids and i love how your 2 gals are such best buddies. my 2 boys can be best buddies at one moment, and then not-so-much the next.

amanda said...

I can't get over how adorable your family is!!! You are truly blessed!
We miss you guys! Gage likes to look at the pictures on your blog.

Marisa said...

What a cute blog and cute kids, Michelle! It would have been fun to see you in Utah so we'll have to try next time we're both there at the same time! I don't know how you are doing so well with 4, so far 3 are killing me! Good luck on that race, you are an amazing runner and I feel inspired!