Friday, January 4, 2008

Back to Life

It was SO great to be in Utah for the holidays and spend time with family. The girls loved playing with their cousins. We are incredibly happy that Conleys are moving here in two weeks! Hooray for us:) And hopefully for them too. I am currently trying to figure out pictures and cameras, since our camera conveniently stopped working while in Utah. Hans bought two. Three, actually. One for his office and two for us to decide between. I want one that doesn't take blurry pictures! Any suggestions? Luckily, I did get some Christmas pictures on my mom's camera, but have yet to get them, since I forgot to burn them to a CD. I will post them when I get them. We went sledding, tubing at soldier's hollow, Hans skiied, and had lots of parties. It was great. The drive was uneventful except for the 3 hour stop in Rawlins thanks to 80 closing. Thankfully, it re-opened and we made the trip in 12 hours and 45 minutes. We made it home in exactly 9. That's much more bearable. I rejoined the YMCA. I love that place. I've already done a yoga class and run on their treadmill. The girls love the childwatch and Justin and Mia do great. I am hoping to win Moab's 5 mile race for my age group in March. I figure I need to run a 6:30-6:40 pace to be competetive. I have two months to train, but I've only been running about 6 weeks post Mia. We'll see how it goes. Yesterday I was able to average about a 7:30 pace. Not bad considering that 6 weeks ago I was averaging a 10 minute pace. It's the last minute that can get painful though. It's much easier to run with my new i-pod nano thanks to Hans. If anyone has any good running music, let me know. I have 20 more songs I can download from i-tunes. And right now I am running to children's music since that is what my computer has on it right now. Kind of frustrating to be running to i'm a little teapot.

My post has turned to rambling. Hopefully soon the camera will be figured out and I can post pictures!

6 comments:

emily said...

huh, very interesting. i now know that i will never run with you! sheeesh, i'm a very slow, slow-poke. :)

but good luck with training - you can do it!

Hans and Michelle said...

What do you mean, interesting?!

emily said...

nothing except i had no idea you were such a fast runner - an "interesting" fact, i guess, is what i meant? :)

Rob said...

Yeah, Michelle, that is interesting that you can run that fast. Just kidding. I know what a great athlete you are. I got an overuse injury to my knee from cycling, so right now I am running a lot instead. It's tough on the body! Wish I had you to train with! Good luck on your goal for the upcoming race - I'm sure you can leave the others in your dust.

Lorena said...

Oops, that last comment was from me, Lorena. I didn't realize I was signed on Rob's account.

amanda said...

Great job at training Michelle!
You are my inspiration! That's funny about "I'm a little teapot!!!"