Sunday, September 20, 2009

What was I thinking?!

Two weeks ago on Friday we got a dog. He smells, he pees and poops in my house, he chews up important stuff like the DS charger, whines at night, and generally is...a dog, I guess. I would have thought I would have known. I did, really. I'm holding out hope that he isn't as dumb as he looks to be so far. He is a Bichon Shihtzu mix. He looks like a bichon with white fur and brown spots. We named him Friday. We went through several names with Friday being the one that the girls could agree on. He still doesn't know his name so it doesn't really matter and I still call him "it" or "the dumb dog." So that has been my last two weeks mixed with the starting of school and getting settled into a new routine.

Katelyn loves school and so does Justin. Kate already has her posse on the playground and adores her teacher and Justin has already earned two prizes for good behavior. And out of the selection he picked nail polish. Both times. His teacher says he always plays babies at school, but that they are generally taking rides in trucks and such. He is a balanced boy, I think.

School for Ashley has been much more stressful leading me to meet with the teacher, talk with other schools, and meet with the curriculum lady at TCA. Since then things seem to be getting better for Ashley. I was planning on taking her out and cottage schooling her, which I really really wanted to do, but after much prayer on her part and mine, we've decided staying where she is is the best course of action. I was disappointed because it sounded fun to have her home and able to do more extra-curricular stuff she would enjoy, but I also feel good and relieved to just do more of the same. I'm just hoping they treat this girl right and decide to challenge her. They say they will as long as I work closely with them on it. I'm so in...I was planning on homeschooling, after all!

Hans and I have been sick. For some reason we are and the kids aren't. I am trying to figure out a way to boost my immune system. Any ideas? Hans is spending time fixing up his motorcycle. It's fun to see him doing this. He is always happy doing it and I love that. We took the motorcycle on our date on Friday, which was great fun. He taught me to ride it and I love it. Now he is dreaming about getting me one so we can go together. Sounds fun, I think. The weather is turning colder, which stresses me out. Not sure how long I will last running outside and if I can hold out on joining the Y. I'm going to miss my mornings with Kim. If I can stay motivated to run outside I will keep going to the yoga studio. I think I'm in love with yoga. So it would make me sad to quit and go back to the Y. Now I am looking forward to my roommate from freshman year at college coming to visit me in a few weeks. We're going to hike Pikes Peak and do yoga. I seriously can't wait.

I think that's all for the week....or two.

Mia is so cute. She is almost 2. She says stuff like "that fycle (motorcycle) fast, right?" And throws giant temper tantrums about having bandaids all over her body. When I say no she says, "I go Kaykyn a bandaid (Katelyn will do it if you won't, mother dearest)." She is by far my most....spirited? Is that a nice way to say it? I love her energy. She misses her siblings when they are gone and always has to ask me where they are going when they leave. She's used to us all being together all the time. Life is changing.

5 comments:

Tom Heath said...

Send us a photo or two of Friday. I thought you named the dog on Friday instead of on Thursday, and not that you christened him 'Friday'.

R A C H A E L said...

Post a pic of the dog!!! I bet he is adorable!

Berly said...

I agree..life is changing and I am so glad you decided to keep Ashley at school...for my own selfish reasons. Kaylee would be very SAD, to state it mildly.

emily said...

michelle- i just hopped on your blog and it looks like you guys are doing great. your kids are cute and you seem to be enjoying where you are. i can't believe hans is a motorcycle man! fun. so... did you ever find out about the celiac disease?? my mom, brother and sister all have it. i had to live the diet while i was pregnant with emma.... i'm sure you have plenty of info if it is what you have- but my mom is helpful with info and recipes. let me know! emilyrehrer@msn.com

The Muse said...

This is Meghan E. :) I'd love to see pics of your dog :) As for boosting the immune system, raw honey is good (it kills bacteria, as well as being REALLY good for you). There are lots of other vitamins as well. If you're interested, let me know... :)I'd love to hear from you!