Sunday, September 6, 2009

New Kindergartener




Hooray! Katelyn got The World's Best Kindergarten Teacher. Ever. And there's no disputing this. Ask Kim or Joyana. I think they'd agree. We did a dance when we found out Mrs. Meyers would be Katelyn's teacher. It is extra fantastic because my child who screams at the idea of change felt like she already knew her way around the kindergarten scene. Hooray! She gets to go to a brand new school with a fancy playground, which she loves. She gets to finally wear a uniform to school like Ashley. And she is loving learning. She already wants me to teach her all the phonograms. She is a go getter, this one. She spends all morning asking me how many hours until she gets to go. And she is upset to not be going on the weekends. She also decided on the first day I dropped her off that she would like to walk in alone. This made me slightly nervous, but we pulled up through the carpool lane and she hopped out and ran in. It was very strange driving home that first day. I felt a little empty inside. But I am so excited for her. She is so fun when she is this happy. It's contagious. I love this girl.

No comments: