Sunday, September 6, 2009

Last Week

This past week has been a whirlwind. The girls started school on Monday, which is going to be fantastic. Justin started pre-school on Tuesday, which is also going to be fantastic. He's going with 3 of his friends and the class is only 6 kids. For 1 1/2 hours twice a week I now get time to myself. It's very strange. I feel a little like I'm rushing everyone out of bed in the morning and rushing Ashley to school. Then we do our errands or play and then rush Kate to school and then Mia to her nap. It's been nice to have some alone time with Justin. We build train tracks mainly. It's fun. Then after school we are doing homework and reading and soccer. It is all very busy, but I know once I get used to the routine and remembering all their schedules, I will be okay. It's such a change from our no routine summer. This week gymnastics starts for Katelyn as well. I have to have 30 minutes to myself on Sunday just to get all the events into my phone so they remind me what I'm doing and when. Or really what the kids are doing. I'm also coaching the YW in basketball every week and doing activity days. It's a lot for me to remember. So far so good. If I don't forget any children anywhere (which I did to poor Kate once last year) I will count it a successful week. I also joined a yoga studio, which I am loving. I've been going 3-4 times a week and doing yoga one other time at home. It's so good for me. It helps me de-stress and helps my tummy hurt less, and makes me feel strong and present. I'm enjoying it immensely. I got into my first "full expression" of hurdlers, which basically is yogi terms for I can actually do hurdler pose the right way. It is fun to have something all to myslef. I'm still running, just less often. I love it.

So overall it's been a great week of firsts. On to next week....

2 comments:

Laurie said...

what days do you go to yoga? i am hoping to join soon and it would be fun to meet you there.

R A C H A E L said...

Great posts. Busy. Jealous of you and the yoga studio. Great idea...


I need your email to invite you to my now private blog. (I am soo turning into one of those paraniod moms)

Funny thing- It has taken me 3 tries on your word verifiaction.