Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring Break


We kept nice and busy during spring break. The weather was beautiful, so that helped a lot. We did lots of crafts, like this one. Oobleck took an hour of their time. They liked adding cornstarch, adding more water, adding different colors of food coloring. I challenged them to make the colors of their shirts. They did a good job. I didn't coach them at all. (I think I was watching Martha Stewart while I nursed Mia). We jumped on the trampoline, went swimming at the YMCA, made a trip to the zoo, and did our usual gymnastics followed by the park and then McDonalds. It was great! Hans took Tuesday off of work to go to the zoo with us and we had a great time. The Giraffes are plentiful at this zoo and Justin was able to feed it a cracker. We met up with Jen, Damon and Rachel, and Laurie. There was a 45 minute line to get into the zoo, but it was definately worth the wait. We seriously spent the entire day there. I'm excited to go back.

We also made several trips to Target for cookies. On one trip we actually remembered to bring Katelyn's birthday money from Grandma Egbert. She picked out this cute My Little Pony unicorn that is similar to one Ashley has. It has provided hours of fun, so thanks! Part of the fun is picking it out too. We spent a good hour wandering the toy and craft aisle. Katelyn let Ashley use some of her money so Ashley picked out a little pack of markers that attach to a key chain. She felt lucky to share in the wealth. Justin also got birthday money, but he wasn't so lucky this time. I wanted to wait until he would get it. Maybe in 6 months?

So overall it was a great spring break, even though we didn't go anywhere. Next year Hans and I are going to Hawaii! Alone! Yippee!

Mia is big. She is learning to sit thanks to the help of Melanie's boppy pillow. She's a happy girl.












6 comments:

Rachel said...

I didn't know you had a blog! It's fun to see your fam, the girls have grown and your little boy is a cutie! Great job on your races Michelle! You're superwoman. How's the skirt coming?

Robin said...

Your family is beautiful. Ike saw you running the other day and was VERY IMPRESSED.

Steve & Paula Leishman said...

Cute pictures. We are going to have to fill the summer with lots of activities like that. I might go nuts!!!

Liz said...

Hey Michelle! You are a blogging fool! I haven't checked enough recently I guess. But I must say, I am impressed that the girls did those crafts on their own. Check out my recent activities on my blog, and you will see how much my boys don't do on their own. Maybe it's a gender thing. I love it!

amanda said...

Love the posts Michelle!

R A C H A E L said...

Post something new! Its been a while!