Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Easter festivities

For Easter we spent the morning finding baskets with lots of candy and crocs we bought for the kids. Hans did a nice lesson on the crocs and following in Jesus' footsteps. Then we enjoyed church and went to Conleys, along with the Morrills for Easter dinner. It was delicious! The kids all play really well together and I felt fortunate to have family around. It's been great. We get to see Laurie every Wednesday at gymnastics as well. We have a lot of kids between the 3 of us, but they are quiet and well-behaved when they are together. We did an egg hunt in
Melanie's basement. That was the highlight for my kids. Justin gorged himself on candy. Grandma Egbert sent loads of candy and we still have some hanging around. Justin will say really seriously to me, "need nangy, mom. I'll go find it." And then off he goes. He usually finds some. I don't know how because I have the same serious need and the same search and I usually can't find any. He's a pro. I count Easter a success because if you ask Ashley what it's about she says Jesus' resurrection! Go Ashley. She's sweet. Last night she prayed that she would know the Book of Mormon was true. Without my prompting. I know Heavenly Father answers her prayers!





2 comments:

Berly said...

Don't you just love their prayers. I love listening to them. Ashley is a sweet heart and we love that girl. I am glad Easter was such fun time.

jenn and flay said...

I love everything Justin says. He is so funny, even at 2. You have the most precocious children. I can not believe the stuff they come up with. They are so special.