Thursday, February 28, 2008

What we do

Mia rolls over from back to front and front to back. She is giggling often and a very social baby. She is sleeping in her crib in her own room. She also graduated to baths in the big tub with Justin. This is a very stimulating event. I have borrowed sleep books from friends, but I think I need to accept the fact that it's more me that they don't sleep through the night. I'm okay with an 0 for 4 stat. I'm consistent, at least.


Katelyn is so grown up. She is writing well and loves to write letters to cousin Elizabeth. She is in constant need of a playdate. Can we call Claire, Lizzie, Elizabeth, or Mia mom? She loves her friends. She is getting to be a good swimmer and can do 10 bobs. Swimming lessons end today. She can string necklaces for hours and the other day made the longest waterfall out of paper you've ever seen. It was at least 8 feet long. She can out eat the rest of us with her 2 eggs, 2 peices of bacon, and 4-6 pancakes for breakfast.


Mia loves her exersaucer.


Justin loves to stack the cans in my pantry. Then he takes them down and puts them all away. I have yet to have a fallen tower somehow. Lest you think he's too neat - today he found the unfrozen otter pops and bit them open so I got to green machine that out of my carpet:) He constantly amazes us with his language skills. Now he hates it when Katelyn hits his chair from behind in the car. So he screams, stops, and very politely says, "stop hitting a chair kakin." Just like when he saw his bottle of water in the car and starting screaming for it, so I gave it to him and he stopped and said pleasantly, "thank you, mama." He gets bugged easily. (wonder where he gets that from?) So he follows me around saying, "it's buggin me." over and over. About things like his jacket zipper touching him wrong, or his socks being turned the wrong way, or the way his pants feel on his body. It reminds me of my annoying keds in elementary school that bugged me. That's another story. I told it to Hans. He just looked at my like I was nuts. Maybe so.

4 comments:

Sonja said...

I love checking your blog as much as I used to love getting your udpates, Michelle! You're doing an amazing job as a wife and Mom. Is it weird to have a child in kindergarten? Anthon starts this fall, and, frankly, I'm not half as excited as he is about it.

Tom Heath said...

I remember that Mindy had a can fall on her from the pantry and she lost a fingernail in the process.

emily said...

michelle- SO nice to hear that I don't know the only little boy in the world that complains that his pants "make noise" when he walks, or has to line up the strings just right on his sweatpants before he puts them on! thank you! glad to see you all are doing well. take care. em

queenann said...

Hi Michelle. Looks familiar. My little boy Charlie was stacking everything in the pantry just a few months ago, and my baby John is (sadly) almost done with his exersaucer--the exact same one Mia's in. You're beautiful, as always. Tell Hans hi, too.