Saturday, February 2, 2008

President Hinckley

I don't really even know what to say about our wonderful Prophet, President Hinckley. He is the Prophet I remember for most of my life and I feel like I knew him better and loved him immensely. He's such a perfect example of optimism, love, laughter, and service. I hope I can learn to be more like him. And make him proud with how I choose to live my life. I miss him. During his funeral services, I kept thinking how clear it all is. The Gospel being true. It's that same clarity I feel everytime I deliver a baby. That there really is a plan to all this craziness here on Earth. And that it's not very long. It's temporary. And there doesn't need to be much sadness because we know where he is. And that we can be there too. I hope that this concrete knowledge of the Gospel can spur me to action. And that I can get to work!

3 comments:

emily said...

hmmmm, 4 kids. i think you are working plenty.

thanks for the good thoughts and words regarding President Hinckley. I love that man. i thought i would be more saddened by his death, but i am so happy for him. the thing that saddens me the most is that thought and realization that my kids will not know and love him like i do.

looks like plently have fun is being had at your place.

Rachel said...

Glad you finally made some posts!! Love all of your news, and your testimony of the Prophet as well.

Dana Broderick said...

michelle,

it looks like you are working hard and doing great to me! I can't keep up with 3..how do you do four?

by the way-it's dana (& ryan) broderick! I have to say, I spy on you every once in a while and see what your cute family is up to! :) Your kids are really cute and you look like you are doing well!

I'm sure you know but we have a blog...www.ryananddanabroderick.blogspot.com...come visit sometime!

Dana

PS Didn't we know each other in another lifetime...say University Villa? LOL! so long ago!

PPS I'm so jealous that Melanie moved by you! how fun!