Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's my Birthday!




This is a picture of me with my rockstar sunglasses on. Thanks mom!

Which baby is me?

I am now 29 years old. Wow. It feels not so much older then last year. I look like a baby when we first got married. I feel older, but Hans tells me I look "way better now" with too much emphasis, so I wonder what he really thought about me then. Maybe because I'm finally hitting my stride. Most people hit their prime early. I peaked socially in the third grade when I was the girl to know, but physically, maybe I am still waiting for my prime? One can only hope, although I think I just look old and tired.

Some of my accomplishments that I can think of right now:
1. Winning the stereo at the 6th grade dance raffle. That was awesome. I still use it.
2. Winning the stake jump rope contest and getting one of those popple dolls.
3. Finally learning how to do my hair. This didn't happen until I was 26.
4. Successfully doing side crow and being able to touch my toes. Go yoga!
5. Overcoming my D in 9th grade french and still getting into college.
6. Reciting the Trafalgar cheer (Riff, raff, rolly, oh how beastly jolly, trafalgar, trafalgar, ra (this said while daintily pulling the hand down at the wrist)) Go all girls' school!!
7. Missing the last shot at the basketball game that would have advanced our 9th grade team into the championships. I feel proud they trusted me with that shot, even if they shouldn't have.
8. Learning that I could meet a whole lot of boys by learning how to play racquetball. Wish I'd realized that earlier.
9. Realizing that I can feed kids, talk on the phone, clean up the chocolate off the floor, and switch the laundry, pretty much all at the same time.
10. I can't think of anything else, but I'm sure I'll think of a hundred later. I'm not good when I'm put on the spot!
11. Oh yeah, and of course marrying my husband and having my 4 kids:)
They treated me well for my birthday. Ashley just kept following me around, watching me. Waiting to see what would happan on my special day. I got to sleep in, go running - 3 weeks until Moab - I can now run 3 sub 7 minute miles, but I need to do 5 - hmmm - go to lunch with Melanie and shop a little bit, and go for a walk with the family. The weather is great!










4 comments:

Lorena said...

Happy birthday Michelle!!!
Okay, I am guessing that the girl on the right is you. Am I right?
And if I remember correctly, you are right about the raquetball thing...although you never really needed it. You always had a steady flow of men at your door. Maybe the raquetball just made the dates more interesting to YOU.

And finally, I am not sure if rocks have willpower. But I think that they do, because I've had enough of them try to kill me while running and biking. If you are interested in the book I mentioned, go to eatingforlife.com.

emily said...

fun to read!

you do look great - you've always looked great.

the one on the right is my guess, too.

amanda said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!
You are a great person and I admire you a lot!
I don't know which twin is you in the pic- but I can't believe how much your kids look like you as babies!

Mrs. Godfrey said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!
Good luck on your marathon in Moab. I admire you!