Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Katelyn

Sweet Katelyn. She is just a lovely person and my side kick. I was so happy to have her home more after quitting all those hours of gymnastics so we could just soak up time together. She loves to be near me and is quick with a smile. And I love her smile. It really lights up her entire face. Katelyn is in 4th grade now with Mrs. Rogers. She hates school. I think what she doesn't like is being away from me at home, but she claims school is boring. Which it is. I agree with her, but also feel, after much prayer and stress, that school is the best fit for her right now. She excels at everything there and is off the charts bright. (Every mother says this, but it really is true with Katelyn.) She is a whiz at math. She is an excellent reader, but doesn't like it much. She is really into anything artistic and crafty. She spends hours making the coolest things you've ever seen. She creates with every medium - paper, beads, cardboard, tupperware, sticks, duct tape. She has made bags, purses, wallets, skirts, stuffed animals, houses, jungle gyms, beds, nativity scenes, ornaments, etc. She has a gift for it and a love for it. Katelyn has two best friends at school - Hayley and Annalise. They are darling girls and adore Katelyn. Katelyn still prefers to have all play dates at our house and so I've gotten to know these girls well. They come from great families and just adore being here crafting and playing with Katelyn. She loves being outside as well and rides bikes and scooters. She makes swing routines up, jumps on the trampoline, and draws with chalk. She is a busy girl and likes to be doing something always, an inherited trait from me. She really can't sit still well. She is quite the gamer and can legitimately beat me in clue, mastermind, settlers, ticket to ride, and guess who. She is my most willing to try new things and mastered skiing this summer. It won't be long before she is slaloming. She has tried dance, tennis, and now swimming as sports to replace gymnastics. She loved the swim meat because she remembers competing. She decided to see how many pull ups she can do and she can still whip out 25. She was sore for a week. She started piano this year and is doing really well. She loves to practice and I rarely have to remind her to get her practicing in. She is a sweet girl and while I wish she would just go to school without complaining, I admire her ability to speak up for what she wants. She is a fun, loving, and lovely girl. Oh how I love her.




This is Mia's birthday cake Katelyn and I made. I forgot that she went through a baking phase. She has turned into quite the gluten free baker. 

No comments: