Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Virginia

Hans and I flew to Virginia for the BYU football game. We stayed in a great VRBO with Woolleys, Mabeys, and Hardys. We had a great time. It was so nice to have my mom come be with the kids and to get away with Hans. It was extra great because we got to see friends we don't see often. Hans and his friends golfed. We shopped. We ate out. We ate gelato. The BYU game had a rain delay, which made it all very exciting. It also reminded me that there really is a fine line between adventure and ordeal. I decided to leave the game with Liam and couldn't get back to the house because power lines and large trees had fallen on the street to the house. I eventually found a back way to the house, thanks to a kind soul and answer to prayer, only to find I had no way to get in. After more prayer, the owner of the home came to check on us, she let me in, and helped me find flashlights and battery chargers for my phone since the power was out. I begged her to stay and hang out with me since I was alone in a big, scary house and so I got to meet a new friend. Oh...and BYU lost.
Liam is a great airplane traveller. 
The kids had a great time with Grandma. She taught them to embroider, took them bowling, and made their new favorite meal of roast and potatoes.
Virginia is beautiful. I love the green, the humidity, and all the oxygen in the air. Running felt so great.
BYU golfers.
Love these friends.

1 comment:

emily said...

what a fun trip - i'm super jealous! i love how you begged the owner to stay. :) i totally would have wanted to, but would have been too shy to actually say something. you're awesome. too bad for byu, but they've made up for it since. :)