Saturday, November 2, 2013

Utah Fun

We drove to Utah the day after school ended and spent 2 full weeks with the Conleys. It was great fun. It was so nice for the kids to have their cousins and to have Melanie's help with the new baby and to be with family. Every time I go to Utah I want to move there. Someday, maybe. We swam at the Country Club, went bowling, went to Lagoon, ran in Corner canyon, helped Melanie move to Highland, and visited Melissa and Mindy's houses. By far the best part of being in Utah is having instant friends for the kids. Our kids match up so well and each one has a buddy. They play for hours and hours and never get bored. With Liam being so little I was exhausted most of the time. Liam thought 5 am was morning so every morning I would run on the Draper trails by Melanie's house. I am sure that is how I got my running self back so quickly. 5 miles a day pushing the jogging stroller will do that. I was so happy to see Hans and to be able to sleep a little better when he flew out to drive us all home. 
Some weird guy won some weight guessing game three times and gave the moustaches to these three. Justin and Sara are the same age. Anna is a year older. They are all great friends.
 I love a good run. I love it even more when it is in a beautiful canyon. And I love it even, even more when it is with my sister. I was 2 months post C-section, but she was early pregnant so we balanced each other out.
 We were quite a sight at Lagoon. 9 kids. The scariest part of this trip was Katelyn and Elizabeth getting lost. I am so grateful they were together. They were terrified. It took us about an hour to realize they were lost since they were supposed to be with Ashley and Andrew. I am so very grateful for answers to prayer and to feel like we had Divine intervention to find these 2 beauties. They were sitting and holding hands with tears streaming down their faces. So sad. So scary. So grateful for a loving Heavenly Father.
 Grandparents are the best. Grandpa is so good at throwing kids into the pool. This pool at the country club is 12 feet deep and has a diving board. Kid heaven.
 Cute cousins.
 Ashley and Andrew enjoy reading by the pool more then they enjoy swimming in the pool. They are so similar. They are so cute and good for each other. They are great friends and face time often.
 Mia is quite terrifying off the diving board. She does front flips and front handsprings and cartwheels right off the end. 
This is Justin's zombie walk off the end of the diving board. I was proud of him for being so brave.

No comments: