Thursday, November 7, 2013

Lake Powell

In September we went to Lake Powell with the Conleys for a houseboating vacation. It was memorable and fun, and I'm glad we went. I spent a week packing and then we drove most of the way and met the Conleys for the night in a hotel. Then we drove to the marina and loaded our stuff onto the boat. It is a lot of work, this trip, but well worth it. The kids had a blast and it was very peaceful just sitting with no distractions. We brought our motor boat so we had lots of fun tubing, wake boarding, knee boarding, and skiing. No one was hurt, thankfully. Melanie packed a bunch of crafts and we had our portable DVD player with a couple of movies. We had plenty of treats, stuff for fires, and plenty of sand and water toys. Kid heaven. It stormed off and on the first couple of days, which was very exciting. We lost Ashley's pillow and the surf board from a wind storm. The kids slept on the floor in the kitchen of the house boat since it was too wet most nights to sleep up on the top. I slept on the top the last night because I wasn't sleeping well anyway. I'd do the whole trip again, I think. On the way home we got caught in the terrible storms that caused flooding all over Colorado, so we stopped in Glenwood springs for the night. I liked breaking the drive up into 2 days. It made it seem not bad at all. 
Mia and Eden were very helpful taking stuff to the boat. They were so cute and oh so excited.
With all the rain, the houseboat was leaky and a little disgusting. Justin's asthma was terrible there and luckily I was prepared with his nebulizer and a prednisone prescription.
Ashley and Andrew are two peas in a pod. They both can sit and read for hours. They are great friends.
Our view of one of the storms.
Justin spent the majority of his time playing in the sand. Going out on the boat made him nervous. Anna is a good friend to him.
Eden and Mia were in and out of their swimsuits a dozen times a day. They loved going off the water slide.
Hans and I took turns driving the boat around for hours.
So beautiful.
Eden and Mia tubing.
Sweet Ashley giving me a squeeze.
I never see Katelyn on trips like this. She disappears with Elizabeth. They should've been twins.

This is my new phone screen saver. I love that picture of our boat and the Lake Powell landscape. Heaven. I'm so grateful that the boat held up for the entire trip and we really had minimal issues. I prayed a lot.

No comments: