Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer

I am so grateful that summer is officially here - meaning the weather has finally warmed up. We have been spending our days playing outside with friends, swimming at the pool, going on bike rides, hiking, going to the zoo, playing in the rain, drawing with chalk, and just having a wonderful time. I love summer. I love everything about it. I am not anxious AT ALL to send my kids back to school. Especially since it will be three different school schedules to work around. I love the freedom of doing whatever we want whenever we want. Except for Mia's nap. We pretty much always work around that. I have been getting lots of babysitters. I've been hiking the incline once a week, which is great fun. And going on bike rides 1-2 times a week. I took Ashley to see UP and Hans and I saw Star Trek. I went to see the physical therapist for my knee finally. He says my knee hurts from my IT band and told me not to run for 2 weeks. I think he knows I won't listen, but I will at least follow his advice to lay off the incline for the 2 weeks. I feel heavy on my feet. I've slowed down and my knee really hurts after 2 miles. They told me my tummy troubles are not from gluten, as far as they can tell, so basically I have to just figure out what bothers me and doesn't. So far I know it's wheat and dairy. But I am fine with Ezekial bread. It's annoying to not really know and really annoying to pay the bills for it all. I'm glad to have ruled out anything serious.

The girls did an art camp for 4 days, which was all morning. They loved it and came home with quite the portfolio. They were proud of themselves. They start a gymnastics camp tomorrow for 3 days. They are excited. It is strange for me to just have Mia and Justin for the mornings. I don't even know what to do. It made me realize that they demand my attention, but the activities we do are definately for the girls. This week will be spent getting ready for our trip to Utah and Bear Lake. We leave soon and are so excited! I am grateful that Hans is driving me out there so I only have to go one way on my own. Bear Lake is a lot of packing. I'm trying to figure out a way to fit all our stuff and the kids bikes, without feeling too packed in the car. We'll see how it goes.

So that is what we have been doing. I will post pictures next.

No comments: