Sunday, June 7, 2009

Another Update

This week was fun. I am more excited about summer and realizing that it is going to go too quickly. I love having Ashley home and it is really nice to not worry about activities. We are super flexible and I am loving that. We can jump on the trampoline at 7:30 in the morning and not get ready for the day. We can watch a movie in the morning. We can do crafts. It's been great to not rush them into clothes and brushing teeth and making beds. We make our own schedules now. We crammed a lot of summer fun into this week. Sunday we had Stake Conference and ate lunch at fox run park and played. We ran into some friends there so that was fun as well and we ate delicious smoked brisket some other friends made. Yum! I'm so glad that summer means grilling. Monday was busy for Ashley. She had a birthday party where they got manicures and pedicures and went to lunch. I wanted to tag along. Then she went to a playdate. When she got home we had a fun family home evening trying to re-inforce house rules so I don't lose it without structure. Tuesday we went to little Biggs which is a great place. The girls love playing the games with tokens and the babies like playing with the toys. Mia loves the merry go round. She refused to get off. She slept for 3 hours when we got home. We ran some errands in the afternoon. I discovered, thanks to Melanie, this awesome whole foods type market that is just opening and got some great stuff. It sells all sorts of gluten-free since at this point I was still trying the diet. The doctor's office told me to start eating gluten since I have my endoscopy on Friday. So I have been eating donuts, french fries, chocolate chip cookies, kit kats, and ice cream to get my fill...just in case I can't ever eat them again. I learned it would be a good thing to be forced into not eating these things anymore. I am so much healthier without them. Wednesday we went and signed up for summer reading, went to storytime, and met Melanie at the YMCA. She let me be her guest. We worked out and did yoga. It was really nice. Thursday we went to the pool. It was freezing cold. But they had a good time playing by the pool. Then Hans did motorcycle rides for everyone. Friday we had Katelyn's last ballet and went to focus on the family. Saturday we had a primary activity and went to the pool again. Then we collected daddy long leg spiders out of our window wells. Hans did his triathlon and went to the temple. He did amazingly well at the triathlon. He also turned in one of his ugly ties to Krispy Kreme donuts for a free dozen of which I promptly ate 4 before going to hike the incline. I love hiking the incline. So far I have made it weekly. It is challenging and fun and beautiful. I am so grateful to be able to be exercising outside again. Hans put the training wheels on the motorcycle and the girls have been riding it up and down the street. Katelyn is too busy checking to see if anyone is watching her to actually watch where she is going. Ashley is great. Even Justin can do it now. It's fun to watch. Mia calls anything that moves a "vroom." So I think that was our week. Ashley has been reading at least an hour every day and has managed to get the first three prizes from the library already. She has lofty goals. We are excited for the rest of the summer.

I will eventually post pictures.

No comments: