Monday, March 9, 2009

Katelyn is 5!

It's hard to believe that my beautiful Katelyn is 5! (Well I've gotten used to the idea in the last 2 months.) I'm a little behind on scrapbooky blogging. But she is 5! And just so darn cute and fun. She adds so much to our house. She is filled with joy and energy and is a positive influence in our home. She is always enthusiastic and ready to play. I just love her so much. And feel grateful to have her. Some of my favorite things about Kate - She has the best smile ever. It lights up the room. She loves to make me lists so I won't forget things. I forgot her at pre-school once. This morning I woke up to a list of - buy milk, chiken, drt bike, and dogk. She thought it was SO funny that she spelled dog with a k at the end. And funny that she had added dirt bike for dad. She is a stellar writer and reader. Above average in everyway, if I may brag. She is awesome at gymnastics. She can land a cartwheel on the skinny beam, do 11 pull-ups on her own, and do beautiful backwalkers one after the next across the floor. Last thursday she won the contest for best cartwheel that ends with an archback thing. She does at least 100 cartwheels everyday. And is getting braver. She has gotten so reverent lately too and loves to give the talks in primary, sing songs, and plan FHE for me. I love to hear her sing. It is just pure joy. Seriously. Call her to sing to you if you need a pick me up. Works every time. I promise. What else can I say? She is beautiful Katelyn Grace and we can't imagine our lives without her.

Katelyn was due on my birthday, but came 3 days late after a very unsuccessful VBAC attempt. She was my heftiest baby at 7 lbs 11 oz.

Katelyn at 1. She could crawl at 5 months, walk at 10 months. She looks so much more grown up in this picture then Mia does even now a little bit older.

At 2. She could talk in completely legible sentences and was potty trained. See what I mean about above average in every way?!

I can't believe she was only turning 3. She seemed perfectly grown up to me. We even had a craft party since she was really into arts and crafts and invited a lot of almost 3 year olds. I realize now how much older I thought she always was. It makes me feel badly to look back at it because I didn't let her act like a typical 2-3 year old. She was definately acting 5 by then.

Isn't she cute?!

Here she is at 5. Need to call Rachael for some new photographs, but this is how I see her most days - In a leotard doing projects or upside-down. Gosh, I love her.

No comments: