Wednesday, March 18, 2009

17.5 miles

On Saturday I ran 17.5 miles, I think. I ran from the park at Palmer Lake to the Woodmen end of the Santa Fe Trail. It was warm, sunny, and beautiful. I love running outside. At least for the first 10 miles or so. Same old routine. I took sports beans at an hour in, but dropped a few of them. It's hard to eat those and run. I had gu at 2 hours and it was so gross. I think it was razz flavor and maybe it was a cliff shot. Don't get those. Yuck. I'm not sure how long it took me since I was having issues with my phone. Melanie ran the first 5 with me and it was about 40 minutes even. But I know I did the next 7 in an 8:20 average but then my phone stopped working. I stopped at REI after the run and bought a GPS watch. I'm excited to run with it in Moab this weekend. Last week was a hard running week. I ran 9 on Thursday and the long one on Saturday. That's it. My leg hurt too much to run before that, but after a visit to PT and for a sports massage, which was beyond painful, I felt awesome on Thursday. And this week I feel okay too. I did a fast 9 yesterday and will do it again on Thursday. Then Moab on Saturday. I kind of want to place. Everything I read says not to because I can't afford to lose the last 2 weeks of training. But I'm not sure I care. SO now I have one 20 mile run left. Hooray!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

you are inspiring. which gps watch did you get. i want to get one. are you happy with it? good luck in moab.