Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My first triathlon








I've been waiting to post on this triathlon because I'm not sure which embarrassing pictures of myself to choose. I'm pretty much scantily clad. More then I am comfortable with anyway. So, if I'm posting them, go all the way, right? I didn't hold back:)

So, I took 3rd in my age group for the race. Pretty much fighting the disappointment, since I knew I could have done better. Chalking it up to 5 weeks of no training thanks to my psoas. At the same time, I realize how ridiculous I sound. And I did enjoy it. I'm trying to tell myself that is what counts, but honestly, I'm too competetive for that. I'm excited to do it again next year.

Jeff came over to our house at 4:25 am and Hans, Mia, and I made the journey to Denver. I started at 6:15. Swimming is by far my weakness. I did breaststroke for the whole thing. Next year I will have to do better on that one. I made up some ground on the bike and then passed tons of people on the run. I'm proud of myself for keeping up faster than an 8 minute mile after the other legs of the race and considering the race was really hilly.

So, now I am onto the half-marathon in a few weeks. I'm totally under-prepared. Maybe I can just do it for fun? Yeah, right.






13 comments:

Robin said...

Yay! You Rock! I am glad you know how ridiculous you sound complaining about 3rd flippin place!

Unknown said...

YEAHHHH!!! I am so proud of you and know how stinkin hard that run is - you're amazing! By the way - you look hot and so does Mia! Great job!

KatieB said...

you're crazy.

Berly said...

CONGRATUALTIONS AGAIN!!You did great and run the 1/2 for fun - yea right!!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

You are looking so great! Way to go! 3rd place...I would be happy to just finish! Good luck with the 1/2 marathon. By the way, my swimming skills would be the dog paddle and back stroke.

amanda said...

Dang Girl! If I looked like that- my whole blog would be covered with pictures of me in a bikini.
Way to go!!!

Melanie said...

I'm not sure about the black shorts and navy blue swim top. I just think you should do better on that part next year. Or let me follow through with the black and navy bows to help tie the look together.

emily said...

wow, you look fantastic. if i looked that good i would be posting pics of me scantily clad all the time. :)

good job, too! i am always amazed at people who do races/events to actually "win." i just do it for. . . fun i guess. i'm competitive, but i also know i am slow. :)

Marisa said...

Wow, you are awesome! I can't believe you came in 3rd doing the breaststroke, if you can do the crawl the whole time you'll come in 1st for sure! I wore pretty much the exact same outfit last year and I felt like I was running around naked, and my abs aren't half as tight as yours!

hartleyhouse said...

Hey! Remeber us from your Maryland days? I found your blog and can't believe how big your kids are getting!
Way to go on your triathalon! That's awesome!!

Liz said...

Michelle, you are so amazing! I was thinking on Sunday when you bore your testimony what a strong spirit you have, and obviously your body is on par! You look great and are great! Congrats!

Rachel said...

You really are amazing. I wish I could be half that good, okay maybe 1/4 that good.

Melissa said...

Congrats Michelle! That is an awesome accomplishment!