Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Ashley is 6!


Ashley is 6. So crazy. It's strange going through the last 6 years worth of pictures. So much has changed in our lives in the last 6 years. It all started with Ashley joining us. We got so lucky in Ashley. She is a sweet, loving, tender-hearted soul. She wants to do good and to be good. She is constantly assessing the moods of those around her and trys to make everyone happy. She is a great big sister and loves her siblings. She plays with them, helps them, and sets a good example for them to follow. We love her incredibly.

Ashley was my first traumatic birth by c-section. After laboring for a ridiculous number of hours the dr finally decided to do the c-section. The cord was wrapped around her neck 4 times. We are grateful she made it here safely. She was 6 lbs 4 oz.

Not quite sure how to describe the feelings of motherhood for the first time around. Pretty much just have to experience it, I think.

She had a little scare with her heart and spent a night or two in the NICU. After an echo on her heart at Primary Children's we were cleared to go.

Ashley at 1. She loved to stuff as many grapes into her mouth as possible. This reminds me that at one point in her life she did like fruit.

Another cute picture of Ashley at 1. She had so much personality. She was our entertainment. Look at all the blonde hair Jen. Maybe I will owe you cookies after all for Mia's hair.

Ashley at 2.

Ashley at 3. Isn't she beautiful?

Ashley at 4. Rachel is quite the photographer.

Ashley at 5. Not many kids have 3 siblings at barely 5. She's handled it beautifully.


Still at 5. Getting ready for the first day of school.



I took these today. She is 6! I need to take a real portrait of her. Ashley loves bugs, stuffed animals, swimming, gymnastics, crafts, school, friends, and her sister Katelyn (Katelyn just told me to write that down). She is a great swimmer. She can do 2 full laps of backstroke and of elementary backstroke. She has moved into the "advanced" gymnastics gymbolts class and is doing great. It was a little intimidating at first, but she is doing great. She has been a great babysitter to our neighbors caterpillars and enjoyed watching them all turn into butterflies. She has fed them from our lilac bush you see in the background and is really into the whole process. She is an amazing gal!

4 comments:

queenann said...

Michelle: I remember the day Ashley was born! Jeremy and I came and spent some time in the hospital with the three of you on your first day as a family. I remember you telling us you had pressed the button for more morphine like 40 times. I don't envy you that c-section, but I do remember thinking what a beautiful family you were. And that was 6 years ago! Wow.

jenn and flay said...

You looked WAY too young to have a baby! She is so cute, and I love how she had her look at one. What a lovely girl.

Berly said...

We love Ashley and I can't believe how much she looks like her baby pictures. I think Kaylee and Nicole look so different now. I am glad we are back in town now because Kaylee has missed Ashley a ton. Aren't close friends great!!

emily said...

she is such a beatiful gal and seems like the perfect big-sis. what a lucky family you are to have her! :)