Monday, March 24, 2008

St. Patrick's Day 5K

For St. Patricks day we ran a 5K and the kids did a 1 mile fun run. Then we watched an interesting parade. It was a fun day. 4 others from my ward ran in the race too. I didn't do nearly as well as Moab, but I ran it in about 23 minutes and some seconds. I was 25th. I've always been lucky to find a ward with other runners. It reminds me of what my friend in Maryland said about mormons - that they all run and they all have big pictures of Jesus in their homes. That's at least who she socialized with. I'm hoping to do more short races this spring and summer with friends. It's more fun that way. This next picture is of the kids running in the race. The girls did such a great job. Ashley started out in tears, as usual, but was happy by the end. She said she liked passing lots of people. We have been having running parties at home where Katelyn makes name tags for us to pin on our shirts and we jog on the treadmill. It's great fun for all of us. The girls want to do more races too. I'm excited for them to be running. I'm anxious for when we can run races together.

3 comments:

R A C H A E L said...

What a post! Looks like a lot of fun!

emily said...

so fun to have your kids run in races. i'm jealous - i've never been in a ward with runners. i always dream about it. i'm sure, though, that most of our ward members have a large picture of jesus. but i don't want to take that running with me. too bad.

Robin said...

We do have lots of runners in our ward. Your pictures are great!