Monday, March 10, 2008

Running, Running, Running

So, I did it! I ran it in 36.04. About a 7:15 per mile pace. I took first place in my age group and 6th overall for females. I'm pretty dang proud of myself. It felt slightly miserable the whole time, but it was a beautiful place to run. I love Moab. I was crazy and took the first bus up to wait for the race. So I had an hour and a half to just sit there and freeze. My Dad came with me early and then we met up with Mindy, Melanie, Jeff, and Michael. Jeff ran the first three miles with me. It was a good time. It was much more hilly then I had trained for.

Here's a picture of me way off in the distance. I ran the last 2 miles alone. No one was around me.

Post-run. Feeling pretty good! I couldn't eat until 3.

My trophy.

15 comments:

Deon said...

Congratulations, Michelle! Impressive!

Dana Broderick said...

Wow! You are fast! Good job!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Way to go! We were in Moab the weekend before...Cory did a triathlon in Monticello. I am seriously super impressed, how hold is your baby? I hope you don't mind, but I added your blog to my links.
Emily Price

jenn and flay said...

You are awesome. I am still amazed at your ability. Especially with 4 kids!

amanda said...

Yay Michelle! I knew you could do it! You really are Wonderwoman.

emily said...

huh, i left a comment, but it disappeared.

YEA - congrats on wonderful finishes, 1st and 6th. amazing, amazing! you look fantastic, too. nice work, michelle.

i love the trophy - so "moabish." ;)

Evan said...

Good Job Michelle! I'm amazed by you!
Tarmy

Liz said...

Michelle, you are so impressive! Adam would be thrilled if I would get on the stick, and get ready for some races when he gets home. I am going to have to work out my schedule so we can run together! Well, you run, I'll jog. :) Congrats!

Leale said...

Congrats on the race. I sure miss the running group we had in good ol' baltimore. you've done amazing with all of your running. i'm running another 1/2 in may, but don't plan on sprinting like you did. :-) i never congratulated you on baby #4, so congratulations.

talk to you soon
katie leale

Rachel said...

So how did it feel crossing the finish line? How is it you looked so great after running that far and fast! AMazing! What are your running plans for the future?

Erin said...

Hey Michelle saw a link to your blog in a couple of spots and wanted some running advice. You are obliviously a good choice and congrats on the race. So please email me, emvandre@yahoo.com

R A C H A E L said...

Go michelle! Next year, take it all! And hope they give you prize money instead of that 'beautiful' trophy...

Berly said...

Congratulations again Michelle-you worked so hard and deserved it.

Mrs. Godfrey said...

That's awesome! Congrats!
I saw somebody else asked you about running advice--I would love some too. Maybe you could just do a blog post? Or recommend some books? Or something?

Robin said...

YOU ARE AWESOME! Every time I see you zipping around the neighborhood I get a thrill!