Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Santa Crafts

The girls are very into crafts. The joy of crafts never ends. I am amazed at Ashley's creative side and I admire Katelyn for her ability to concentrate on something for so long. She can outlast me, and she's 3. Ashley built an entire jungle gym out of paper for her little dog toy. It was so great. And she made a crab out of a pie tin, complete with bendy legs and eyes that stick up. Yesterday she made a ladybug that actually looked like a lady bug. It was the same size and quite the accomplishment. Today we did some more santa hat ornaments. The girls love these. They get to trace their hands, cut them out, and then glue all the peices on. They can do these without any direction. Ashley is upset that the cheeks on hers aren't under the moustache (my fault, since I told her to do the moustache (is that how you spell that?) first. I'm grateful that today's craft didn't cover the kitchen floor in glitter, but the glitter snowflake crafts are quite fun as well. If you look closely you can see that the girls did their own names, with the date. We have these from last year as well. Ashley is great, but I was impressed with Katelyn for writing her own name, even though it's backwards. They are in their leotards, since we had gymnastics today. It was quite exciting since Mia pooped through her outfit and Justin spilled the graham crackers and then make nice little crumbs out of them. I make quite the spectacle wherever I go. I get this, "Wow, you have your hands full" everytime I go anywhere, and I mean anywhere, even church. This is a personal favorite, "Wow, are all of those yours?" To which I nearly always reply, "Why in the world would I be in Walmart (or insert other store name) with this many small, crying children, if they weren't mine?" If I'm in a better mood, I smile and explain how lucky I am. Which I am. Just not when I am in walmart. That place makes me irritable.

2 comments:

Mrs. Godfrey said...

Michelle,
I can't believe how big your girls are! And congrats on the birth of Mia Marie. She is adorable.
It was fun to find your blog and to see how things are doing. I hope you and Hans are doing well.
Nancy Godfrey

KatieB said...

i refuse to go anywhere with all of mine. i get the same comments and it's just too hard. i run all my errands at night, on saturdays or on chad's day off. it's just not worth the effort. you seem to handle yours better than i do. i'm very impressed with the whole craft time thing.