Sunday, December 2, 2007

Mia's Blessing

Mia was blessed today. She slept soundly through the whole thing. Hans did a great job blessing her and it gave us a chance to talk about what we want for her in this life. And mainly all we want for her is to have a testimony of the Gospel. Hopefully she does! She is such a sweet girl. She has brought a lot of Joy to our home already. A lot of panic too, in taking care of 4 small ones, but mostly joy! It was nice to have Grandpa Egbert to stand in the circle, along with some good friends - Damon Pullman, Mike Duncan, and Dave Losser. We've been blessed with such wonderful friends. It's so nice to have a ward where everyone is so incredibly nice.

We've loved our ward here. Hans blessed her that she would have a love for the Gospel, that she would have a positive attitude and a joy for life, that she would know that we love her and that she has a Father in Heaven who loves her. I can't remember too much beyond that since Justin was crying for Daddy the whole time. I still haven't figured out what to do with him during church. But it was a great blessing and nice to share the day with the Pullmans, who blessed their son Liam. I'm grateful for Mia. I was able to play Mary in the nativity scene at our Relief Society party and hold Mia while Hans stood next to me as Joseph. It was such a great reminder of the true purpose of this life and a chance to just hold Mia and to look at her. I love her a lot. It takes more effort to just sit and hold her, so when I get to, I'm filled with love for her. She's a great addition to the family!!

Following are pictures of my cute kids.


2 comments:

emily said...

lovely pictures of a lovely day.

i didn't get to hear a word of emmy's blessing (luckily my mom wsa taking notes). darn those cute little almost-2-year-olds. :)

Amanda said...

I love Mia's dress--