Tuesday, December 11, 2007

December 11, 2007

It's been an eventful week and a half. Ashley was able to perform in her Nutcracker and did a great job. She concentrates really hard while she's dancing. She was able to be the leader and show the rest of the girls how to do the dance moves, so she felt proud, as she should. It was fun to watch her dance. I think the most fun part of the recital is the make-up and costumes. Following are some pictures of the girls in all their make-up. Pretty cute. Katelyn is with her friend Claire, who she plays with often, as she is in her pre-school, playgroup, and gymnastics classes. Ashley is with Kaylee, her very best friend, who she plays with often, as she is in her ballet and kindergarten class. The girls are lucky to have nice girls to play with here.




Justin amazes me with his language skills. He says things like, "ice cube, please" when he gets any food item, since he knows the girls ask for one when their food is too hot. He always says thank you when you give him something and lately he is really into whole wheat banana muffins. He at 6 in about 5 minutes. I was very impressed. He still is into telling me, "Don't want it" when it refers to any clothing item, but we are improving. He loves playing with his bikes and trains and loves to read books. He can identify the most random animals thanks to Ashley teaching him and he loves to count. He says, "one, two, one two" in a very pretty southern drawl. He still wanders the pews in church asking everyone and anyone for candy, and you'd be surprised at how much candy he can collect. He loves nursery. He is a very cute boy. I love the way he says towel, shower, all done, all gone, monkey, show (he asks me - "watch a show, please", which he doesn't actually watch), shoes, snow, and boots. He loves to wear his sister's snow boots and especially Katelyn's new silver sparkly shoes. He cries when she puts them on. I'm tempted to buy him his own pair. I get lots of laughs over his hot pink snow suit. He still attracts attention whereever we are, as he loves to drag behind the grocery cart. It makes maneuvering the cart pretty tricky. I've entered the world of needing two carts when I shop as I need one cart to hold all my kids. I can fit a gallon of milk and some bananas in the cart with the kids, but that's about it.

Mia is officially two months old and such a cute baby. We went today to the Doctor. She is 9 lbs 2 ounces and 21 inches long, putting her at the 10th percentile for both. She is a perfect baby in everyway. She smiles all the time now and showed off her new talent by smiling first at the doctor and then for the medical assistant about to poke her with 4 needles. She handled it all very well and is sleeping peacefully. She is starting to fill out her newborn diapers and clothes. She has outgrown almost all of her preemie stuff. I love having a small baby. I can't believe she has grown 3 1/2 pounds in two months. She's about doubled in weight. She is a great eater and sleeper. The kids still love to hold her. Justin especially. If he's not following me around saying, "hold you" he's sitting by Mia yelling "hold her" repeatedly. She is a well loved baby.

We miss all of you!

5 comments:

emily said...

i love the update and cute pictures!

what impresses me most, however, is that you venture with your FOUR kids and go grocery shopping!?!?

wow, the thought of taking my THREE kids scares me! :) i have yet to do it. . .

Evan said...

It's so fun to hear how all your kids are doing. I love to hear about their different personalities Thanks!

Tarmy

Laurie said...

Mia does look bigger. She is precious. I need to come hold her. Justin cracks me up, don't you just love that age. It is a very good comic relief to have a toddler around.

Amanda said...

Michelle,
Thanks for the updates! Your family is growing so fast!

R A C H A E L said...

Such cute kids! I haven't seen Mia with her eyes that open before!