Sunday, August 21, 2011

School Started!

School started on Thursday. It is bittersweet for me. I'm never ready for school to start and for summer to end. I love the flexibility of summer and having the kids around all day. School is too long. I'm excited for them to go and learn and be with friends, but there is so much I hate about school that I always feel anxious about them starting. I feel optimistic that this year will be a great one.

The kids! 9, 7, 5, and 3.
I love the kindergarten schedule. He's not gone long enough for me to miss him. I love the space of 3 hours 4 times a week. It's perfect. I'd happily keep this schedule for all years of school.
Justin idolizes his dad. He's had a hard time earning a date, but he finally got one for tomorrow night to test out a boat we are thinking of buying.
Justin got new shorts, pants, and three shirts. Not sure how I thought one pair of shorts could possibly be enough.
So so glad these girls have each other. I loved watching them walk into school holding hands.
I will miss Ashley immensely. She is such a calming influence in our home and Justin and Mia idolize her.
Ashley loves her dad. She earned a date and chose to go rock climbing with cookies at King Soopers after. They had a great time. Ashley just made eagles transition at gymnastics meaning she gets to go 3 hours a week now. She was really excited.
Ashley got new shorts, pants, shoes, headband, lunchbox, and a couple polos. She is excited for school this year. Her class is great and her best friend Kaylee is in her class.
I will miss Katelyn. She is so helpful with Justin and Mia. She makes obstacle courses, disney world rides, and plays games with them. She is one creative, amazing gal.
Million dollar smile!
Katelyn loves her dad. She earned a date for talking to her gym coach Miss Katie and for being moved up to a level 4! Go Katelyn. She gets to compete next fall. Hans took her to see the Smurfs.
All ready for her first day. She got a new headband, backpack, shoes, lunchbox and red shirt. The rest of her stuff still works. In fact, this skort she has on she's worn since kindergarten. She is so cute and she was so excited to start 2nd grade.

Katelyn and Miss Scarborough on drop of school supply day. Katelyn was able to drop off 16 hershey bars so she'd have treats on hand in case there was a party with no gluten-free options. She is thrilled.
Ashley with Mrs. Rogers. Ashley is very excited about her class. She is with Kaylee again, which is so so so great. The class is a great mix of kids. I am really happy with this 4th grade set-up for Ashley. I already got a call from Mrs. Rogers on Friday saying that Ashley tested into advanced math. All that mom school made a difference! I'm proud of her!
We celebrated the first day of school with a silly string fight and yo yogurt.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Cute pictures! I love that you had both parents to be there in the pictures too. It is always fun to look back over these yearly pictures and see the changes in the kids but now you can see your changes too. You have a beautiful family.