Sunday, February 14, 2010

Update

I didn't take a single picture of my trip to Utah with Melanie. We had such a great time. We left Thursday morning and came home late Monday evening. It was a long time to be away, but Hans handled it gracefully. I had some help from my neighbors and friends. We shopped, skiied, went out to lunch, got pedicures, went to a movie, went to the temple, had a superbowl party, and just generally had a great time. My two older sisters live in UT as well and they were able to ditch their kids and we just spent time together. It was so nice to be together and be friends. I loved it. I came back Monday evening to a crazy week. I frosted cupcakes, sorted through school folders, separated valentines, and tried to prepare for the week. Tuesday was my birthday. I am 31. I felt like I had already celebrated my birthday over the weekend, but I was still grateful to Hans for making an effort and for friends who stopped by. So thanks! The kids were really excited to see me and to give me their presents and eat the cake they had made. Hans had made all 40 heart-shaped playdoh for the kids to give out for valentines. So we took those valentines and Katelyn's birthday cupcakes to school on Tuesday along with Justin's valentines and valentines day box to his school. Laurie watched the kids so Melanie and I could go to yoga together. So nice. I hadn't done yoga since Wednesday and I was craving it. Overall, I enjoyed the day. And turning another year older. After my celebrations were over we went straight to getting ready for Katelyn's birthday party, which I will do a separate post on. It was a great trip and I'd do it again tomorrow if I could!

No comments: