Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mia

Mia gets tired at the swimming pool.
But mostly she loves it. She likes the pool more then the others right now. We go once a week. It is great exercise for all of us. We alternate between our YMCA without the slides and Melanie's Y with the slides. We take Hans with us every once in awhile:)

She gets cold or coldy as she says.


She loves to open my sliding door, stick her head out, and yell "Friday! Friday come home!" over and over again. Wonder where she got that one from?

Got it on video. It's painfully cute.

Mia is my baby. She hasn't worn diapers since Wednesday. I have been telling her for 2 months when she asks to go on the potty that she has a diaper on so she just should use that. I guess I wasn't really ready for the annoyance of it and the ending of a diaper changing era. I've been changing diapers for over 7 years. I used to joke that I wouldn't potty train Mia until she could say with perfect diction "Mother, I would like to use the toilet now." So I find it funny that my not even 2 1/2 year old is potty trained. Piece of cake, actually. She has had 2 accidents. That's it. And one was with a babysitter and the other at the Y daycare. Other then that she has been perfect. It was good timing because I realized I only had 3 diapers left too. I don't do pull-ups or diapers for naps (if she still took one) or bedtime and she has been perfect with that as well. She did wake up at 5 am 2 mornings to use the potty, but she went back to bed. We made a special trip to Target to buy underwear for her and she picked out Dora, of course. She loves them. She will show them to anyone who walks by. She just bends over into a down dog and pulls the underwear up so you can see them. They are quite big on her. She is a small gal. We should get a couple years out of them. She felt so special and it was fun for me to watch. When Hans and I got home to the babysitter and an accident, Mia said, "Dora is so sad. I went poop on her." But she said this in a singsong voice while she was dancing. At least she gets that she shouldn't do it. She is so cute. I love this little girl. Now I think I'll make her stay in her crib until she figures out a way to persuade me otherwise.

1 comment:

emily said...

wow, good for mia! emmy has absolutely no interest in potty training. silly girl.