Friday, May 1, 2009

Sick April






Justin and Mia were sick a lot in April. Both had terrible ear infections and fevers among other things. For Mia, it was her 9th ear infection, which led to us doing tubes while in SLC. They could get us in much quicker, which I realized later was because the ENT is a friend of my dads and somehow convinced the surgical center to open just for us while we were there. So nice. It all went smoothly. She had what he called glue ear, meaning she couldn't really hear out of that ear and he had to suction out the thick stuff behind her ear drum. Pleasant, isn't it? She was hysterical when they took her from me, but it only took 5 minutes. She woke up asking for Katelyn and pancakes. The ENT said she is speech delayed due to not being able to hear during a critical speech development age. She is definately behind my other children in speech leading me to say stuff like I will just need to love her more. The surgery was only 2 weeks ago today and she has already picked up a ton of new words and started linking 2 words together at a time. My others could speak in sentences by now, but I think she will catch up quickly. She still calls Hans Mommy, which amuses me. She calls me mine.
So the point of this post was not the tubes. It was that I spent April carrying Justin around in one arm and Mia around in the other. The downside to having two babies. It was exhausting physically and emotionally. Mia didn't stop screaming for the entire month. And that made Justin needier, poor guy. And the girls didn't get any of me because by the time Justin and Mia were happy, I was totally done. So for those of you contemplating 4 children in 5 years and 3 months, please listen to me. DON'T DO IT!!!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Sometimes I feel sad that I'm still just thinking about a fourth and Trey is almost 8. But after reading your post, not so much :) I hope they're feeling better!

emily said...

ha, you make me laugh. i never thought of doing that. :) but you are truly a super mama and do so much. you are a very good inspiration to me.