Friday, February 13, 2009

Mia







A huge shout out to Melanie for watching Mia (along with Katelyn) for the entire time we were gone. I was most worried about leaving her because she is so attached to me. She needs to be held at all times. And Melanie has 4 month old Eden. But Mia and Melanie both survived beautifully and bonded to each other. It's nice to know that if I die Mia has Melanie to love her. And Jeff. She calls him daddy now. And when I see Melanie now, Mia runs over to her and begs to be held. And when I try to take her back she shakes her head no and puts her head on Melanie's shoulder. She lets me leave her at the Y with no problems now too. She just walks right in and says hi to everyone. I came home to a better adjusted little girl. Now I am getting a little payback though. She has to be held and if I go to someone's house (besides Melanie's) she freaks out. But I think soon we will be back to normal. I hope so anyway. For some reason too she was sleeping 12 hours at night for Melanie and then a 3 hour nap. For me, she sleeps 11 hours at night and a 1 1/2 hour nap. What's the deal?
She is learning lots of new words. The words she says perfectly clearly are - cookie, no, mommy, daddy, uh oh, baby, hold me, happy, and hi. I understand her when she says shoe, pancake, bottle, and binky. She also talks in baby talk all the time. It's really cute. She has her own language. She loves to climb on the table and walk around. She's happy if she's up high, but it's not so safe. She pushes chairs over to the counter and climbs on. Then she thinks she can back off.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you have a ton of great new posts - I'm really glad you had such a great time in HI - you totally deserved it and it looks like your kids did just fine. Welcome Back!!!

Melanie said...

Yeah for sisters!!!