Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Letter

Here is the Christmas letter I sent out to friends and family who don't live near me. You have to move away to get on that list. And even then, I feel that letters are slightly outdated thanks to blogs, but it is nice to look at the year in review. And then have it on my blog for when I get my blog into a book to keep. I'm all talk on doing that. I will eventually, I am sure. So here you go!


2008 has been one of those years that has gone by crazy fast and painfully slow at the same time. We started off the year with our fourth baby in five years that didn’t sleep much and Hans working 80 hour weeks opening his new dental office. I’m grateful to say that we survived and we acknowledge the hand of the Lord in that survival. We are especially grateful at this time of year for the birth of our Savior, His ministry here on the Earth, and our ability to return to live with Him again someday. We’re grateful for the perspective the Gospel brings to our lives. It has been an integral part of that survival this past crazy, wonderful, painful, and blessed year! As for an update:

Ashley (6) is a joy to us. She is a tender, loving girl who has a gift for helping others. She is a wonderful help with her siblings and is a great example to them. She is in 1st grade and doing great. She reads at a 3rd grade level and is proud to be 2nd in the class in math. She loves art and can be found doing crafts at our craft table at all times of the day. She is amazingly creative.

Katelyn (4 ½)) is the life of the party. She has an energetic joy for life. She loves to move and go and be doing. She likes to make us laugh. She is a great gymnast and can do 11 pull-ups and land a beautiful cartwheel on the low balance beam. She starts a pre-team in January where she goes to the gym 3 hours a week. It’s wonderful to have an outlet for her energy. She also goes to pre-school twice a week and has too many friends and playdates to count.

Justin (2 ½) is oh so handsome. He brings a smile to everyone. He loves Thomas the train and building train tracks and loves for me to sing him Thomas songs. He has discovered the joys and possibilities of watching trains on You Tube. He learned how to use the potty and is a great big boy. He also has an endless supply of playdates and friends. He anxiously awaits his 3rd birthday when he can also do “nastics” like “kayklyn.”

Mia (14 months) is the true baby of the family. She is little, but feisty. She can hold her own. She is close to walking, but doesn’t really need to when she has 3 moms to carry out her every whim. She has an intense love of candy and jumping on the trampoline. She tries so hard to keep up with everyone else. We love her immensely.

Hans is grateful that Cordera Dental is up, running, and producing. He works 4 days a week and is only 3 miles from home. He rarely gets out of his 3 mile radius. He plays basketball, racquetball, and ultimate Frisbee every week. He still dreams of owning a motorcycle. He is a wonderful dad and husband and I’m grateful for him.

I keep myself busy tending to 4 children. I’m grateful to have my sister Melanie living near me and great friends. They keep me sane. I entered the competitive running circuit this year. I won a trophy in Moab, a ribbon in Denver, and a beer mug here in Colorado Springs for placing in various races. I plan on running the marathon in Salt Lake in April. My goal is to finish, not to win. I keep telling myself that anyway.

We hope that this letter finds you all doing well and happy and firm in the knowledge of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Please keep in touch!

Love, The Egberts

No comments: