Monday, December 1, 2008

North Pole

We made our annual trip to the North Pole with Jenny and Luke again this week. I love my neighbors. We wave to each other at breakfast and dinner. We can see into each other's houses. And no judgement passes. They are moving in the summer. I will cry. I am doing all sorts of convincing to get Luke to opt out of the military. He's actually thinking about it. I'm hoping and praying. My favorite is that once or twice a week we set up monitors after the kids go to bed and play games. Settlers, farming game, their version of sorry, wii. Mainly settlers. I crave the adult interaction. And a little friendly competition. It's great.
But the point of this post was the North Pole. Have you been? It's awesome! The kid rides are perfect for all my kids. Even Mia went on some with Ashley as her adult. They sat on Santa's lap and ran around like crazy hitting up all the rides. There were no lines. We stayed the entire day. We're already talking about next year. There are a lot of pictures to follow -


Ashley asked for barbies. Katelyn said she didn't want anything.
They are a little blurry. They wouldn't let me use flash.

Justin asked for a car.

Justin and Ryan.

Katelyn and Melanie.

Ashley had no "partner" but she still had fun.

Mia was cold. She was a good sport.

Ashley riding this crazy, spinning ride. Alone. Perfectly happy.

What is this face?

Lots of kids between us.

Justin loved the rockets. He rode probably 10 times in a row.
Mia is unsure when I put her in.

Then she is excited to be there.
Not so sure now that the ride is going.

10 comments:

Robin said...

Even my big kids like the North Pole.

Your blog about how much stuff did was really impressive. I think every post you do should start like this:

"Mia is the cutest baby!"

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Ah, the North Pole. We went a few times when we lived in CO. It is great place place for kids. Regarding awesome neighbors...we love out next door neighbors, we trade babysitting and use the monitor to listen for sleeping babies. I hope your neighbors don't move.

Berly said...

I haven't been yet and I want to.How fun for you guys and I am so sorry about your neighbors moving. I know that will be hard-hopefull he gets out of the military soon. And I agree with Robin - "Mia is soooo CuTE!!"

Tamzen Fleming said...

Fun, fun! I haven't ever taken my kids there. I need to. I know they'd love it.

emily said...

oh, looks like fun! we actually drove through your town yesterday on our way home. we never go thru colorado springs normally (we were leaving littleton), but our usual route was closed. i thought of you!

Rachel said...

We love the North Pole too. It is our family tradition to go every year also. You really can't beat the no crowds, love it.

Liz said...

Hey Michelle, I just love your family. Your kids are so adorable/sweet! By the way, the pictures in your last post were beautiful of them! How was Santa? Good or old and grumpy?

daveanddebbie said...

looks like fun! We've never been there and I'm sure the boys would love it!

Jen and Kent said...

I've been meaning to go but was always hesitant becaus I wasn't sure if it was worth it. Thanks for the great review. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Unknown said...

What a good time you guys had! I'm so glad you got to go with your good friend! :)