Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Utah Trip


We had a lot of fun on our trip to Utah. The drive out was as good as expected considering Justin had diarrhea. We made it and I got to cleanse his whole carseat since the whole car stunk. The girls kept saying, "ew...why does it smell in here?" But they were so great. They watched movies and giggled together and Ashley fed Mia her pears. Mia did amazingly well. It was nice to have Melanie to caravan out there with. I'm not a fan of I-80 through Wyoming. It's remote and the places you do stop have yucky old men. It still surprises me when I make it there in 9 hours including stops. It's just not that far away, and for that I am grateful. The kids had a great time being spoiled by grandparents and playing with their cousins. My parents house is so great for kids. The backyard is huge and backs a creek. There's a wooded area with a fort and trampoline, a swing set, and then at the creek there's a beach area to play in the sand and throw rocks into the water. They could have stayed at my parents the entire time. Their favorite thing to do was collect bugs. The bugs are different in Utah then in our backyard. We made bug habitats and my mom was a good sport about having a million bug habitats placed throughout her home.





The kids loved being there. On our way to Bear Lake I told them to say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa's house since we were going to see Daddy in Colorado after Bear Lake and Justin started screaming in his most angry voice, "I NOT go see Daddy, I go to Bear Lake." He had such a great time that he didn't care to see his most favorite person ever.
I had a great time watching the kids have a great time. I was so tired I could hardly see straight.

2 comments:

R A C H A E L said...

How much fun! All the cousins look so much alike its crazy!!

Berly said...

I am glad you had such a great time!! What a fun house for the grandkids.