Monday, June 16, 2008

First Annual Pie Eating Contest

For Father's Day this year we had our first annual pie eating contest at my house. It was quite the experience. Hans was nervous for the whole weekend. He knew Jeff could eat. Both guys are ridiculously skinny. Melanie and I decided we were better off doing the contest next year. Especially when it's pudding pie at stake. I was kind of jealous he actually had a reason to down the whole thing. He didn't even need to feel guilty or run 8 miles the next day to make up for it. Hmmm....that's a whole other issue. So, it was fun. And Jeff creamed Hans.

I love this picture of Hans staring at Jeff's pie like he doesn't stand a chance of catching up. They were both very civilized about the whole thing. Jeff did it in about 3 minutes. Hans took his sweet time. They couldn't eat dinner for about 2 hours after that. The kids thought the whole thing was interesting. They were nervous they wouldn't get dessert, but I had made ice cream cake. And both guys had a piece even. So I am making Hans practice this year so it can actually be competetive next year:)

6 comments:

emily said...

wow, my husband will be so bummed he missed out on that. good luck to hans and all his training.

Carson Calderwood said...

That sounds like my kind of training!

Berly said...

Good luck to Hans. There is no way I could do it!!

R A C H A E L said...

I wanna see you and Melanie go at it.

Unknown said...

That is awesome!!! Common Haans - put on those cavaties!!! :)

Rachel said...

What a great idea! I bet everyone had a fun time!