Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm tired

I think I took on a little more then I can handle. I signed up for the triathlon in August, the half marathon on September 1st, and the century ride the end of September. And I'm tired. This was my first week of training (whatever that really means) so I am hoping it's the worst, but I had a little humbling yesterday when Jeff and I did a 30 mile ride. I had a hard time keeping up. I hate that. Rachael taught me how to do flip turns at the pool and gave me some swimming pointers. I just haven't really figured out how to balance all the working out with not being too tired to function. I'm trying to be competetive, but not kill myself. How do I do that? I hate losing.

5 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I have never trained for a triathlon, but I did a 62 mile ride yesterday and felt good after. The longest ride I had been on before that was 32 miles. You can totally do it! You are way more athletic than I am. Good luck! I think your body will get use to the training, just eat a lot and stay hydrated. Otherwise you might feel crappy all of the time.

emily said...

wow, so impressive. the only thing i could say to help with your tiredness is probably something you're not going to do: slow down. :)

Unknown said...

you're such a sweetheart to all of us - be on e to you too! I know you are competitive and love to win - you are a winner. Look at you, a beautiful mom of four little ones, your husband just opened his own practice and now your going to commit yourself to three biggies?!?! My only advice from being in your shoes a little bit is set 'x' amount of time a week you are allowed to train - stick to it and don't go over. Whatever level that gets you too at all these races - be happy with. You did the very best you could and no matter what - you would ALWAYS kick my but. We love you!

R A C H A E L said...

Make sure you are eating. With how much you work out/train you should be eating in the neighborhood of 2000-2250 calories a day, and a lot of protien to help your muscles rebuild. That should help...

jenn and flay said...

Eat more of the Webb's icecream sandwiches. Protein and extra calories to boot. Much yummier then tofu and much less prep then pork/fish/chicken.