Tuesday, August 25, 2009

End of Summer and goodbye to wonderful friends

Summer has flown by for me this year. It's been so great. I love being outside and just being lazy and doing whatever we want whenever we want. We've been to the zoo, pool, hiking, biking, running. We've gone to the park, collected bugs from the reflecting pool (and ridden on a canoe there too), jumped on the trampoline, painted rocks and pictures. We've made bread and sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies. We've had a great time. Mostly, we've spent a lot of time at the swimming pool. I love that we have a swimming pool. Hooray for summer! Thankfully we have a week left, but I'm getting sad thinking about it already, especially as I watch the neighborhood kids walk back and forth from their school, which started last week...poor kids.

The highlight of this summer has been spending so much time with our awesome neighbors, who moved last week. Sigh. I will miss them incredibly. They lived right behind us. Our kids thought they had two homes. We will miss making smores, lighting rockets, going to the park and pool together, eating dinner and many desserts, playing games after the kids are in bed, and just their overall excellent company. I am sad. I cried. But I'll be okay. We get to fly to London to visit them Thanksgiving of 2010. I've always wanted to go and now we have a place to stay!!!
Thanks Sauters. Love you guys....

Pictures to follow.

No comments: