Saturday, November 1, 2008

Even More Halloween Fun









I can't believe the amount of parties and Halloween activities we did this year. It was maybe a little in excess, but we had lots of fun and are now coming off the sugar buzz. Or trying to anyway. I somehow managed to invite 18 kids to my house for a party. Well, 3 were mine. And that was limiting the kids we invited over to people we'd played with in the last couple weeks. It was insane. I feel lucky that the girls have so many friends (it's mainly Katelyn) and that they all came. It was a chaotic 2 hours and I was grateful for Melanie and Jenn's help. Couldn't have ever dreamed of surviving without them. We played halloween bingo, did pumpkin and candycorn tosses, bobbed for donuts, colored in halloween pictures, and decorated sugar cookies. And that took 1 hour. I still had 1 hour to fill. We managed and the girls said they had a great time. Then on Wednesday we went to Liberty HS safe night and trick-or-treated and collected a ridiculous amount of candy. Then we went to the ward trunk or treat on halloween and then went around the neighborhood block. Mia hated the whole affair. She's discovered the joys of candy and will eat nothing else. She has been crazy. She got my sweet tooth, I suppose. I think I ate 10 reese's pb cups last night (the yummy big ones). On the bright side, I think I'll be fine without a pb cup for another year or so. It's been a great halloween month. I woke up this morning and put all the decorations away and purged the house. Now I just need to go finish off the candy. Anyone want to come over and help? We could watch movies while we do it....

5 comments:

Deon said...

I"ll be right over....

Love the photos - adorable wonderful kids.

Rachel said...

What a fun mom you are! Your kids will remember it forever. Any candy left? I'd be more than happy to "help" you get rid of it, since my kids won't share.

THE MCVEY FAMILY said...

I will send Taylor over - she has got a SWEET tooth.

Robin said...

your kids were darling at the trunk or treat!

Amanda said...

seriously...your kids are stinking cute. Hope ya'll are doing great

spencer