Thursday, October 31, 2013

Liam is 7 months old!!

Best present ever. Love him.

 All the kids are so great with him. They took turns holding him endlessly. They still fight over who gets to hold him. I don't think the novelty of having him will ever wear off.
 His birth announcement picture. He looks so skinny. And new. It makes my heart hurt I love him so much.
 We spent a solid 2 months on my bed together while I healed from the C-section. I'm not going to lie and say I enjoyed every minutes of it, but pretty close. I watched 3 entire seasons of 24 in that time. I read lots of books. I visited with friends. But for the most part it was just the two of us.
 5th babies have to go with the flow. Here he is just resting at the rock wall while the kids climb.
 Still can't get over how skinny he was. I love this little body. 
 He is a very verbal baby. Here he is at about 3 months talking to Hans. He would make eye contact, smile, and then say "a gu." And then I'd beg him to do it again. 
I started running again right at the 6 week mark. He loves coming along.
 Here he is getting pudgier. He likes nothing but breast milk straight from the source. He refuses all types of bottles and food. It stresses me out when I'm at work, which is why I cut down to working only 1 day a week. He just goes on a hunger strike for the time I am gone. He doesn't look malnourished for it.


















It's fun to see these pictures of Liam to see how much he has grown over the last 6 months. He really has been such a great baby. We all love holding him and we still fight over who gets to hold him at church. He has been pleasant through 3 different sinus infections and antibiotics, through all our trips, and on the boat a dozen different times. He is just the best. I love him so much. I really think it's the big space after Mia that I can appreciate him as much as I do. I also know it's all the heartache involved in getting him into our family that makes the experience of him so much sweeter. Maybe it's just being older, but regardless I love him. Immensely. He is now 7 months old. He sits, rolls everywhere, screams to be heard, and laughs at everything. I love how he knows his siblings and loves them. Ashley and Katelyn are great babysitters and I've been able to leave him with them while I teach yoga or run errands. It's so fun to watch him growing and learning and exploring. He is a really curious baby. He's also quite shy and if anyone smiles at him that he doesn't know he will smile while burying his head into my shoulder. And I love him.

No comments: