Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Boat!!!

We took the plunge and bought a boat. I have been dreaming about owning a boat for about my whole lifetime, so you can imagine my excitement. In fact, I can remember asking Hans to promise me that he would buy me a boat someday before we got married. As we signed over the title from the previous owner Hans said, "well babe, it took me 12 years, but I did it." Yes he did. And I am in love. We shopped all over the place for the past couple of years on ksl and craigslist and found this one only 2 hours from home. It's a tige. We test drove it in Denver and then the owner kindly drove it down to us. 
 The boat sat in front of our house for a few days while we found a storage place. It was a great toy for the kids. They love playing in it and showing it off to their friends. Everytime I saw it staring at me from the front windows, I smiled. I kind of miss having it parked in front of the house.
 We took the boat out after our Easter egg hunt. We drove to Pueblo, where it is warmer, but it was still jacket and blanket weather. It was very windy, which made for a very exciting trip. The kids loved it. It's so fun to drive. We drove around enjoying taking turns driving and then decided to sit in the middle of the lake, eat snacks, and listen to music. When we were done the engine wouldn't start. The battery was dead. The wind blew us into the rocks. The lake was very empty. Justin had a full, blown panic attack. He is my child, for sure. He was hysterical. I tried my best to talk him down, but he really was beyond reason. Luckily after 30 minutes or so we were able to flag down a fishing boat that gave us a jump and we drove back to the boat ramp. I did a laughable job of driving the boat into the trailer at low speeds with all the wind, but I was successful in the end. While a little stressful, and a lot of work, I loved it. It's just part of owning a boat. After getting the boat out of the water we discovered we had ruined the prop and dinged two places on the side of the boat. So...Happy Boat Ownership to Me. And Hans, of course. 










1 comment:

Tom Heath said...

Many fun and exciting outings are in store. Justin will have to get used to it.