Thursday, September 29, 2011

Update

It seems like life has flown by since school started at the end of August. I haven't taken many pictures and so I'm having a hard time remembering everything. So this is my attempt at a September and Family update. Our school schedule is in full force and while I like the routine, I miss the flexibility of summer. The kids are up by 7:00 and I drive the girls to school at 7:45. Then we come home and clean up the morning and either go to Life Time for me to teach, which I do 3 days a week or try to get some errands done. Then Justin goes to school at 11:45 and Mia goes to school at 12:30 Tuesday through Thursday. This leaves me with three afternoons a week where I have some time to myself. I had anxiety over getting totally bored during this time, but I've found myself cramming a ridiculous amount of stuff into this time. I volunteer at the school on Thursdays and I'm hoping on Wednesdays to make it down to CorePower so that I can get some yoga in for myself. I find myself not getting enough yoga in now that I'm teaching 4 classes a week. I did get to go to the Yoga Journal Conference in Estes Park with Laurie. It was amazing. After 7 hours of yoga I was completely exhausted, but it was so fun to learn from Baron Baptiste, Sean Corne, and Desiree Rumbaugh. I am going to go every year. Estes Park is beautiful in the Fall. I also signed up to run the Boston Marathon in April. I don't have to start training until December, but I'm already finding myself dreading the long long runs. Hans and I are excited to take the family to the East Coast and spend some time there in the Spring.

Hans and I also were able to go to Austin, Texas for the BYU football game. Hans' parents were nice enough to fly out here to watch the kids for us for the weekend. The kids had an amazing time. Grandma showers them with gifts and attention. While in Austin we stayed with the Mabeys and visited with the Pullmans and the Browns. We ate at Rudi's and went waterskiing on Lake Austin. It was amazingly fun. Hans was able to golf and I went shopping at the outlets. We are debating a move to Austin. It's a difficult decision. We love Colorado and we are happy here, but there is more opportunity for Hans in Austin. Austin is also sea level with lots of lakes, which makes more sense for a boat purchase. This is a big decision and I'm notoriously indecisive. The night before we left for Austin Hans bought a truck. He loves it. We are now trying to sell the Honda Civic, which was my college car. I will miss it.

The kids are doing great. They are busy with their activities, but they handle it all so well. I am so grateful to have them and for their reminders to me to be more joyful.

3 comments:

Robin said...

It makes me sad to think of you moving. :( but I have relatives in texas who have only lived there a few years and are enthusiastically calling themselves natives. They love it there.

I think you only want to move because winter is coming. If it were June you wouldn't be talking like this. Right?

KatieB said...

it was so fun to get to see you guys! wish we could have done more (and I wish i'd cleaned my house before you came...) :)

R A C H A E L said...

DO IT.

you know you want to.

It was so so great to see you. Such a lovely and unexpected surprise.