Saturday, July 30, 2011

Update

We have had a great summer. We have spent every morning at the pool. Ashley has swim team for an hour and then we stay for an hour or two and swim and play with friends. I'm so grateful to have a swimming pool in our neighborhood! The kids are great swimmers. Ashley is officially faster then I am at swimming laps. Katelyn is queen of tricks. She can do a front and back flip off the diving board as well as a front and back dive. Justin is...nervous. He swims all over the place so long as his yellow arm floaties are securely in place. Mia is a fish. She can swim half the length of the pool on her own and did a dive off the diving board. She is fearless, which causes me quite a bit of fear.

We have done a lot of other fun things as well. We've hiked the incline as a family, toured Manitou springs with the Mabeys who came to visit, gone on many bike rides and walks, visited parks, driven to Denver for the American Girl doll store, done free play classes at gymnastics, slept on the trampoline, and many more I am sure. Hans and I were able to enjoy the Maroon 5 concert in Denver at Red Rocks, which was beautiful. Hans bought a truck. We went to Bear Lake after a weekend visit with Hans in Salt Lake City. Hans and I hiked Mt. Olympus, which was quite the hike. We had a blast in Bear Lake with my sisters Mindy and Melanie and their families. We were excited to get to go this year since we missed out last year. It's one of my favorite summer experiences. We ride bikes, run, swim in the pool, and enjoy the beach by the Lake. It inspired me to collect on a promise I suggest Hans make to me before we got married, which was that he would buy me a boat someday. We are one truck closer to making it happen.

Hans and I are training for an Olympic triathlon, which is quite time consuming. We are bike riding, running, and attempting swimming. Neither of us is a swimmer. We flounder. It's been fun to wake up early and run a few miles together before the kids wake up. Hans has been golfing more then usual, although not often. I have hiked the incline a few times with friends and taught a lot of yoga at Lifetime.

The kids are cute. Some things I want to get down so I don't forget...
Justin's new parting phrase to me when I leave - or Hans when he leaves - "Bye Mom, don't die!" He's still suffering from anxiety over my surgery, but on the whole he is doing so much better.
Mia praying loudly at night (when she thinks no one is listening). She asks, pleads, and begs that Jesus turn her into a Mermaid. This has prompted conversations about Jesus not being magic, but that His magic works through the Priesthood and that He likes her as a girl. She is still asking.
Mia wearing only ballet leotards, princess Halloween dresses, or her tutu swimsuit. She wears it all with fairy wings. Everywhere. With her three sizes too big princess shoes.
Ashley saving up enough money to buy really expensive things at the American Girl Doll store and making the Eagles transitional team at Gymnastics. Go Ash.
Ashley's birthday party with Sierra and Kaylee to get pedicures, make flip flops, eat pizzas, and watch a movie.
And Katelyn designing this incredible slide/amusement park down the stairs. And her cute cute giggles to go along with it.

I also need to figure out pictures on blogger. It's not working for me. More to come hopefully.

2 comments:

emily said...

i love your updates. i love your family. you all sound amazing. and nearly perfect. :) go team egbert!

Hans said...

I really enjoyed this post. I'm lucky to have you.