Sunday, November 21, 2010

Halloween Fun











We had a very fun-filled Halloween. We went to the pumpkin patch (see earlier post), carved pumpkins, made and ate chocolate chip pumpkin bread (yummy for all despite it being free of gluten), went to the ward trunk-or-treat, went to Monument's Saturday trick-or-treating, went to a Halloween party, went trick-or-treating to friend's houses on Saturday night, and handed out candy to our Sunday night trick-or-treaters. I think, perhaps, we did too much. I also had pre-school at my house the week of Halloween so we got to make ghosts, spiders, witch hat cookies, learn Halloween songs, and sing our songs for moms and dads at a short costume party on our last day of school. Justin has a great group of pre-school friends. I enjoy getting to know the kids and teaching them at my house. They are excited to learn and well-behaved for the most part. Most of the pictures are from our Monument day with the Conleys. It was so warm and beautiful. One of the places we stopped by had games for the kids where they could earn prizes. It was very exciting. Mia quickly learned to say, "Trick-or-treat and I can't have gluten." It's cute to hear her say this. Luckily there is a ton of candy that is gluten-free. I was very happy to take down Halloween decorations and have the candy disappear. Halloween is still lingering though since Hans decided to do a candy buy back at the office. It turned out to be great marketing but now he has about 100 lbs. of candy sitting in his office. The kids and I stop by there frequently. I have had too many lunches consisting of m&ms and tootsie rolls. Gross, I know. I am anxious for him to send the candy away. His hygienists are going to Africa for a missions trip in January so it will go with them. I may eat 10 more lbs. before then. Anyone want some candy?

No comments: