Friday, July 17, 2009

Bear Lake


Most of the fun for Mia was eating lots of chips and candy. She didn't like having her hands dirty so I put a bucket of clean water out and she would eat chips, get sandy, then rinse her hands, and dry them off on a towel. Ashley spent a lot of time collecting shells.


Katelyn loved digging in the sand with her cousins. Mia hated it. I gave her back her binky during the day so she would be quiet. She loved sitting in Eden's crib with her binky.


Justin LOVED pushing trucks in the sand with cousin Joshua, who was happy to meet Justin's every need. It was so nice for me. I could go full hours without seeing Justin. He was a happy guy.


Pretty girls in the sand. They are in their clothes because we drove home straight from the beach that day. It was a long drive home. Justin said, "I never ever want to drive there again." I said, "You will want to drive back to Bear Lake next year." Justin - "No, I want our cousins to drive here to see us!"




Ashley's birthday spanking machine. Abby holding Mia with masks we made at Ashley's party. Mia wore this mask the entire evening and loved it.


Most of the cousins wearing birthday masks. Justin decorating his bear lake shirt.



Ashley in her mask and Katelyn decorating her shirt. Katelyn had this cheesy smile on her face the entire trip. She loves being around her cousins and family. It's so great for me to watch.




The birthday girl is 7!! We made a spaghetti and meatball dinner with two jello cakes. She was also the most creative and serious about decorating her shirt.


Mia also got to decorate and wear a shirt. It was too good to be true for her. My mom with Ashley and with Katelyn.


Some more highlights I forgot:
1. The girls doing front flips off the diving board at the country club.
2. Katelyn cuddling up to her 14 year old boy cousin while watching a movie and me finding them on her bed playing a Barbie DS game. Cousin Thomas is the nicest boy ever to oblige Katelyn.
3. Justin riding bikes on the deck with Sara and Anna and then playing babies.
4. Mia deciding she likes to be tickled by my dad.
5. Ashley knee boarding behind the waverunner.
6. Katelyn giggling for hours about how she got to drive the waverunner.
7. Justin deciding the waverunner wasn't too scary to sit on.
8. Getting my van stuck in the mud and waiting hours for my dad's truck to come rescue me.
We had such a great time.

No comments: