Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Baby is 1

Just seeing this picture brings back so many memories. I remember walking into the hospital at 11:00 am on a Monday, sitting down in the traige area to get checked in and then just losing all control of my emotions. I was scared for the pain, the change, and the recovery. It all went better then I could have expected. I almost kissed the anesthesiologist he was so good. I was also so lucky to have Hans for a week, my parents for a week, and my sister Melissa for a week. It's the only way I could have ever survived #4 in 5 years and 3 months and my husband working 80 hours a week. How did I not go crazy? Maybe I have? Would you tell me if I have?


















Mia is officially 1 as of October 8th. So crazy. My baby is 1. Wow. That was the most insanely fast year ever. When did she grow up? I seriously feel like I could blink and she would be the 4 1/2 lb gal she started out as. And it's hard to believe that just a year ago I was going into the hospital and having my 4th. I look back and wonder how I survived it all, really. Oh so stressful. But lots of joy. She is now a large 17 pounds. She still wears her size 2 diapers and is just growing into her 12 month clothes. She can stand on her own. She pulls her self up to standing and then claps her hands and says yea! She can say "yea, hi, and boo." She loves to play peek a boo until a few nights ago when Hans scared her completely. She didn't settle down for a good 10 minutes and now she wants me. Not him. She gives kisses. Wet, slimy ones. She follows the kids around and is content to sit and play wherever they are. She loves food. She loves chicken nuggets, strawberries, burritos, fish, and pretty much any protein we put in front of her. She turns her nose up at baby oatmeal and baby food. She waves hi at cars passing. She's my only baby to be this attached to me. We sure love our Mia! I meant to plan a big party. Instead she got a cupcake at 8 in the morning since Hans had to work late. And the Conley kids came over for cake in the late afternoon. Nothing big. She got cash from her grandparents and binkies from her cousins. Nothing from her mom. Hmmm. That's the way it goes for a 4th, maybe?


4 comments:

emily said...

ha, love the peek-a-boo story. she's a cutie, that one.

i'm not sure if you have gone crazy, but you are crazy. does that make sense????

Jake Egbert said...

Ah, yes. Fathers have certain unalienable rights. Among them is the right to startle and terrify their children -- only in a spirit of fun, of course. Next time you're at the Bean museum on BYU campus Hans might try holding one of the little ones up inside the gaping mouth of the big wall-mounted hippo for a closer look. I've heard that is also an effective way to frighten a child... It all makes kids stronger, right? :)

Very cute birthday cake/cup cake pictures.

R A C H A E L said...

Mia is one of the sweetest babies ever. She couldn't be cuter. Happy Birthday Mia!

jenn and flay said...

I remember coming and holding her in the hospital. She was so very tiny when the nurse unwrapped her. She has gotten so big and cute. I love her smile.