Friday, September 5, 2008

What we'll miss...












That's me smiling my cheesy smile cause I just love summer so much:) We love swimming at the pool, going to the park, being outside with friends, watching movies, playing on the patio, and eating popsicles. It's awesome. It's not entirely over, but it's kind of chilly now and we have busted out the jackets and put away the sunscreen. So sad. Now we are so busy with school schedules. Ashley goes every single day. And Katelyn goes twice a week from 11:30 to 2. And we have soccer five times a week (3 for Ash, 2 for Kate) and gymnastics twice a week. Not to mention playdates, carpool, and getting everything settled. I am still working on figuring out Ashley's teacher and getting that situation better. Just occupies a lot of my time and thoughts. I am teaching Katelyn to read, which she is so great at. And I am teaching her to be at least one level of the house away from me for an extended period of time. She likes to be in my personal space at every moment. Justin is loving playdates with friends. There are lots of 2 1/2-3 1/2 year old kids in the ward. And he is so social. He calls someone everyday. He called Melanie yesterday to ask her if she wanted to come in his rocket. And he called Grandma to ask her if she would buy him a car. At Walmart. Big like Mommy's car. Good luck Grandma. I feel like with coordinating everything I do a lot of waiting. Waiting to drop someone off, for someone to nap, for soccer to be done, for someone to wake-up. Lots of waiting. I am getting more used to it. I am reading Count of Monte Cristo. It's really, really good. And I think I will go join the YMCA next week now that my running races are over and I'm too fairweather to go run in the cold. No thanks. I am shedding a tear for summer. Maybe we will move to Austin after all.

7 comments:

Berly said...

i felt the same way this morning as I was looking at Taylor's tan. No more - AHHHH!! Oh, well. There is something exciting in the air with the crispness and such. I don't know, but I get a nervous exciting feeling this time of year. Maybe all of the changes.

amanda said...

Awww- I miss you guys!
Looks like you had a great summer and enjoyed every minute of it.

Our babies are growing up so fast. It scares me...

PS-
How is your house always so clean...with FOUR kids?!?!? Please help me.

emily said...

well i can't really empathize with you - i hate summer. well, okay, now with kids i don't hate it b/c they love it. but it definitely is my least favorite season.

i love running in the cold. yes, even in 10-degree NY cold. :)

wow, you are busy. but you handle it all so well - at least you make me believe you do!

Diana said...

looked at Anderson's tan this morning the same way Kim did to Taylors. Okay, I looked at his tan toes because he's covered up other than that--it's chilly! Loved Count of Monte Cristo. We'll chat when you finish!

Hans said...

I liked the count of MC too. It was a great movie.

daveanddebbie said...

I feel like summer went by too fast this year. I'm glad that school has started, but I'm not ready for all the other joys of summer to end! By the way, Congratulations on your 1/2 marathon! You are amazing!!

jenn and flay said...

I am glad you are liking The Count. I am having a love/hate relationship with the new school schedule too. We have been late everyday so far. I wouldn't want to screw up our pattern from last year though, so I doubt it will change and honestly I get the impression the teacher doesn't care as long as I am on time picking him up. I always am.