Monday, September 8, 2008

I kind of hated it

Working the hoochie shorts and pink shirt

Me Dying

Don't let me fool you, I'm not happy


I did the labor day half marathon. I hated every mile of it. Not a single mile did I enjoy. The best part of the race was driving to the start line with Diana and Kim. That was enjoyable. I like those girls. Then waiting in the line to go to the bathroom pre-race and realizing the stalls had no doors. Seriously? They still do that? Then lining up and starting. It was all over after that. I was under-trained. I had trained well for a 9 mile race. Unfortunately I still had 4 to complete after that. Miles 6-9 were okay since I had tons of people yelling at me (the race went out and back) that I was 2nd. I had no idea since I was running solo. Then at mile 10 I had about 10 guys pass me. At mile 11 a girl passed me. Grrrr. Couldn't pull it out. I ended up taking 3rd for women. Pretty awesome. I feel like I came in second since the woman who came in first didn't really look like a woman. Should they have a whole separate category for women on steroids? I think so...I did come home with a nicely engraved beer mug to prove my victory. Anyone want to come party with me?

9 comments:

Tamzen Fleming said...

I love it that the big prize was a beer mug! You're awesome, even if you didn't enjoy it, you're still an inspiration!

emily said...

i'm always amazed with you and your athletic skills. nice place!

R A C H A E L said...

Alright. Thats awesome. And the fact that you can work the hoochie shorts after 4 kids is victory enough. Sorry you didn't enjoy it... 12 miles is a long race. But seriously, be proud of yourself, 3rd is amazing, and you can totally work the shorts.

Marianne said...

Way to go, Michelle! I think 3rd is great.

I sat here laughing about the woman who didn't look like a woman. There should definitely be a separate category for her!

I want to party with your beer mug too!

THE MCVEY FAMILY said...

YEA!! I agree the drive up was one of the best parts. And you did AWESOME!!

jenn and flay said...

congrats on the almost win! Considering your summer injuries and lack of training that is outstanding. I love the hoochie shorts!

Unknown said...

you're a great runner - a good inspiration (ok I just almost wrote 'perspiration'- shows you my day!) seriously - love you and proud of you!

Jen and Kent said...

You're awesome...and to come in 3rd after your injuries just makes it that much more amazing. Great job!

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.