Friday, May 9, 2008

Computer

The Computer is having some issues again, but we are back in business. Luckily it didn't crash until I had the chance to order some cute shorts and capris and shoes online. Love the online shopping. It's worth every penny of shipping to not have to drag everyone (although they are behaved and willing) to the store to shop for and try on clothes. Since last summer I was pregnant and the summer before I'd just had Justin, I am lacking in presentable summer clothing. The kids are taken care of thanks to Whitney, Jen, and my sisters. Love the hand-me downs. I miss Cher's cast offs for me in Maryland. I haven't found anyone here to give me their clothes yet. I have missed blogging about my family. We are well. Can't really remember what we did while the computer was down, but we were happy and busy. And for the most part healthy. Justin has some sort of intestinal virus that just keeps on giving. I bought him a new mattress and mattress pad since I couldn't stand to look at the other one. If you ask him what he did today he'll say, "I threw up on my boy bed. It was yucky. I'm filthy." He hates being filthy. He is funny. He talks NON STOP. He seriously doesn't stop. He talks to everyone and anyone about everything. This includes the daycare ladies at the Y, anyone he can find at church, and mostly me. He likes to pull my hair and then ask me if it hurt. "That hurt, mama? You okay?" Then he'll kiss me. Mostly he still talks about bikes and such. Katelyn and Ashley are doing well with May craziness. We have field days, zoo trips, school programs, gymnastics, and now I'm dragging them out to ride bikes around so I can get outside. They are nice to do it for me. They are great riders. Katelyn rode about 5 miles one day this week. Ashley was at school and got out of it. She didn't even complain. They LOVE gymnastics and their teachers, especially for Katelyn, are either appealing to my ego, or actually think my children have talent. Katelyn is moving up to the "competetive class." They have reserved a spot for her in the class for fall. They talk to me about keeping her in. Ashley is more graceful, but more fearful. She gets to move with the older kids pretty soon. I'm surviving. I feel grateful to be able to stay home with my kids. What a blessing. They are great and I wouldn't be anywhere else. I'm still running and riding. I did 7 miles in 48 minutes yesterday. Brag, Brag, Brag. I wonder why I do it sometimes, but I realize for the most part it is to do something on my own and the pounding of my body somehow releases stress for me. Justin is climbing on my lap now begging to watch you tube.

4 comments:

emily said...

i'm glad you're back in business. ha, my kids love you tube, too. they love "charlie bit me," the dancing track excavators, etc.

Unknown said...

I love how you blog - you're an inspiration! Thanks for the good laughs!!!!

Rachel said...

Those were cute shorts that you ordered, if they are the ones you wore to playgroup. Thank goodness for online shopping!

Jake Egbert said...

Is the sudden dearth in blog entries an indication that you're still having computer issues? I hope you're back soon!