Friday, November 30, 2007

My Cute Reindeer

Ashley makes such a cute reindeer. She is getting excited for her performance in the Nutcracker where she stars as a reindeer and a spanish girl. Her costumes are so cute. She's happy her hair is long enough to get into a ballerina bun. She has enjoyed ballet so much and has learned a lot. She is excited to start gymnastics next week. Justin just pulled Mia off the couch. There is no safe place for baby Mia. What should I do?! Ugh. I try telling him no, but it doesn't stop him from doing it again. Luckily, she seems okay. My heart always skips a beat when he tries to hurt her. Back to Ashley - she's been such a great helper to me. She is such a sensitive soul that I worry for her with her friends. She got her feelings hurt by her best friend Kaylee and it breaks my heart to see her so sad. I'm not sure I'm ready for this part of parenting. I think it's easier to change diapers then to try and explain how some people aren't nice, but since we're Egberts we always need to be nice. And Ashley is. She wants everyone to be included and feel a part of things. It's amazing to watch her do this and she's only 5. Any suggestions on how to deal with kids not being nice to my sweet Ashley? It's oh so frustrating.


I finally got my van back last night. I missed it! They washed it and vacuumed it and I am so happy to open the doors from my keys and tell the kids to climb in and buckle themselves up. I'm all about convenience and comfort. You moms with big, cooler looking cars, reconsider the minivan!!


Justin loves to talk on the phone. He has dialed all sorts of random numbers. He says Hi and then hands it to me and says, "don't want it." He's so particular. We walked to the park yesterday and he went barefoot even though it was freezing. He hates socks, jackets, and anything that touches his skin the wrong way. Everything kind of bugs him. So he follows me around whining telling me how he doesn't want it. It is impossible to get anything done with a 1 year old. He has learned to tell me he loves me. That erases all the whining...well, most of it anyway:)

3 comments:

emily said...

i am so glad you are doing a blog - i love reading it.

as for tips with mean kids - no idea! it makes me want to cry when kids are mean to miles. but this does remind me of a quote: We mend the damaged reservoir each night." it's from Kimball's "Teachings of our Presidents. . ." i'm not sure there is anything we can do to stop kids from being mean, but we, as parents, need to "repair" the damage done each day so as to raise good, honest, loving kids. okay, enough.

i'm there with you and your 1-year old. jonas is almost 2 (2 weeks!), and his favorite thing to say is, "don't like it." even when he does.

amanda said...

Ashley is so sweet!
I'm sorry she has gotten her feelings hurt. :(

That has been the worst part about sending Gage off to school- being a kid can be rough!

KatieB said...

rylee sounds just like ashley. too bad we don't live closer. they could be great best friends.