Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The First Smile


There's something so special about that first smile. I love it! I think it's because the smile is so big and goofy and makes me feel like there's a reward for all the work I'm putting into this tiny person. Mia is such a great baby. She is on a great schedule and is not fussy at all. She smiles at everyone and loves to cuddle. What more can you ask for from a baby?! She weighs in at 7 1/2 pounds. I've finally scheduled her to go to the doctor when she's 2 months old, which is next week! I've tried limiting my trips to the pediatrician as much as possible. I hate going there!!


Here is a picture of Katelyn at gymnastics. She's a superstar. She does every move with grace. It's amazing. She has quite the crush on Zach, her teacher. I love the smile she gives when she talks about going to "nastics." We are keeping her going until she gets bored. I doubt that will ever happan! She gets to do flips and cartwheels, backbends and backflips, and many other acrobatic moves. It's very impressive. I can't believe that she is almost 4. What a cute girl. Everything she says is preceded by, "And yes, I do want ice cream." Or "And yes, I do need to go to bed." etc. Very fun.

4 comments:

amanda said...

Cute kids!

Sounds like Katelyn is a natural at gymnastics.

I hate going to the pediatrician too...so many germs!

smlaw said...

H calls it nastics too! It is such a fun thing for active little ones. I can't wait until she can be in a class without me!

emily said...

yes, those first smiles seem to make everything just a little bit better. :)

R A C H A E L said...

What a cute smile!! I love little babies.