Monday, December 12, 2011

Odds and Ends


Justin played his first season of basketball at the YMCA this year. He loved it. He especially loves the end of season party and medal. At his turn with his coach he said his favorite part of basketball was how well the team worked together. My jaw dropped.
He is not a big person. These boys around him are so tall. He loved it anyway.
We did four free swim lessons at LifeTime. Justin and Mia had one teacher to themselves. They loved it. Justin got way more comfortable getting his face wet. Mia learned how to swim 25 meters on her own.
Her teacher gave her these goggles. A highlight. She loves the water. All she wants from Santa is a mermaid tail and a triangle top to cover her nickles. She makes me smile.
I took Ashley on a date to color me mine. We painted a dragon and talked. Ashley's not much of a talker so I love this time with her when she can open up.
Ashley had medieval day at school. She dressed up like a lady. They did all sorts of activities, ate a feast, and performed a dance. It was fun to be able to be there for a small portion.
She is far away in this picture. She is performing her dance. She is dancing a good distance away from her boy partner.
My gymnast. Check out her arms. She sprained her wrist on vault. She is so much like me. Stoic with certain things, like she was with this, and ridiculous about others. She has come so far with gym with her 7 hours a week. She is impressive to watch. I can't wait to see her compete in the spring.
My cute kids and our Christmas tree we crammed into our small living room space. It was very fun and exciting to set up Christmas. I love their joy. It really is contagious. I hope the season meets their expectations.
Hans reading stories. These girls definitely favor his side of the family.
Justin's Thanksgiving program. Here he is with his teacher Mrs. Ladd. I love his smirk. He gave me a picture and a rose to tell me he was thankful for me. He sure is sweet.

No comments: